1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show off your first Sebenza/CRK!

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Chariotz4, Feb 11, 2018.

1. "Plain Jane"

56 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Inlay (wood or micarta)

17 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. CGG

7 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. DrRollinstein

DrRollinstein Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Dont have the light for a proper picture right now, but i grabbed this off the exchange a few weeks back, purely because i liked it and it went up right when i decided to buy one.

[​IMG]

willard0341, NSBFL, OLd_gUY and 3 others like this.
  2. NSBFL

NSBFL Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2013
    Greetings friends!...After years in the hobby I decided to finally dip my toe in the CRK pool, and I ended up falling in :D. During the decision making process my first quickly turned into three!

It started when I was researching knives and the Umnumzaan started calling to me. Then, as I looked into that, I came across the Insingo grind, and the Inkosi with Micarta inlays caught my eye. However I still couldn't shake the idea that my first CRK experience should probably include a Sebenza, and the blue hex has always appealed to me, so I figured why the hell not at this point and picked up a large one of those as well. By getting the three of these I felt it provided a good variety of available options and had many of the bases covered (Um, Inkosi, Insingo, Sebenza, micarta inlay, CGG). Luckily, the purchases were partially funded by selling some knives that don't get any pocket time (as well as some items from my other hobbies), so the sting wasn't as bad as it may seem.

I was certainly concerned about some of the horror stories of stiff opening and new owners realizing that Chris Reeve Knives were just not for them, but upon handling these my fears were almost instantly dispelled. It only took a few moments of feeling the action of these knives and I "got it", and realized what the hype was about. To my surprise, all the of mine flick open rather well (in order: Um, Inkosi, 21), and they are all a joy to open and close. All of the advice here on the forums on what to expect as well as opening techniques likely helped a great deal in this regard.

After about three weeks of ownership, the Umnumzaan is quickly becoming a go-to EDC piece, with the Inkosi not far behind. I plan to carry and use both of these two quite a bit. I picked up a Millit clip with the inlay for the Inkosi, and while it's not a perfect match, I'm still pleased with it nonetheless. It's really a closer match than it shows up in pictures, plus I like the way it looks in pocket. I picked one up for the blue hex as well (I wanted full blue anodized but had to settle for the blue streak for now).

Anyhow, sorry for the long winded post, but I wanted to share my first impressions as a new CRK owner and tell everyone how glad I am that I decided to finally give them a try :thumbsup:

Now for the important part...the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OLd_gUY, 4mer_FMF, Chariotz4 and 4 others like this.
  3. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    @NSBFL Awesome post and awesome choices, a little bit of everything! I’m just shy of 2 years with CRKs and for some reason the ‘Zaan tends to win out most often with me too!

NSBFL likes this.
  4. NSBFL

NSBFL Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2013
    Thanks brother! A little bit of everything is exactly what I was going for...

Yea, that last picture is a good example of my daily activity so that's the one that seems to most often suit me the best. I can't wait to get it out and get some more hard earned wear on it. I'm loving all the pics on here of well used CRK's :thumbsup:

Chariotz4 likes this.
  5. Astronaut FX

Astronaut FX Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2018
    Arrived just today...

[​IMG]

4mer_FMF and Ajack60 like this.
  6. PWRstroke_smoke

PWRstroke_smoke

May 26, 2013
    Gorgeous photos awesome choices!

7. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    I got it here on the exchange, just a few weeks ago from another lefty. Been wanting a CRK for many moons. Signed - Very Happy Dude.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Ajack60 and Lone_Wolfe like this.