Bura1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 170
UB Memorial salyan by Bura:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Salyan by Bura.jpg
    Salyan by Bura.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 507
I have a lot of pieces with Bura's name on them. They range from "merely" good to outstanding. Which is best? Difficult to say. The "Satori Special" and my Tibetan Sword are both really amazing, and the others are not far behind. Which is the most visually impressive?

That is easy.

Monster GRS, shown with Foxy Folly for scale:
grs2.jpg

Monster GRS, shown with Satori for scale:
grs8.jpg

Beautiful. It was good to see the UB Memorial Salyan presented by Berkley.

Dave Rishar's dragon slayer is a sight to behold every time I see it.

munk

Berk and Raghorn, Wow. Nice pics, beautiful knives too. Raghorn I'm also interested in that quilt. (Its OK. Lemme have it. I like quilts. I remember my great grandmother doing two things, cooking and quilting. I can remember many times seeing her quilting, but only one time do I remember her cooking.)

I remember my great grandmother doing two things, cooking and quilting. I can remember many times seeing her quilting, but only one time do I remember her cooking.)
Well, sure - it takes a lot longer to make a quilt than to make a pot roast:D
(In an effort to avoid being found guilty of topic drift, I'll attach a pic of the one, the only Bura Boomerang, to be featured on Steve's next Ram Raffle):
attachment.php
.:eek:

This thread got me to thinking just how many Bura khuks I have.
In the photo is the ones I found.:eek:
21 9/16" 28 oz FF, awesome creation.
Berk Special, must pin the handle someday w/mosaic pin.
Chitlange I took big good chunk out of the sweet spot and reground.
18" AK that UB sold me as a sweet deal for a lil crack in sweet spot, reground.
14" BDC
Khonvention Special
UB Memorial Saylan
10" BDC X 2
and of course the HI Kothimora
I love them all, especially the ones I had to grind and repolish. It creates a bond beyond the untouched models.:thumbup:

Wow! some really nice photos posted in this thread; thanks to all for sharing them :thumbup: Here are a few more by Bura (two AKs and a BGRS; the WWII is by the Amtrak kami)):
t9h383.jpg

t9h0eb.jpg

t9h8qh.jpg

Regards,
Greg

Here is the pride of my Himalayan Imports collection...The Dui-Chirra that I picked up at the Reno Convention back in March of 2003

Made by Bura

125373338_255e1232d1_o.jpg

sweet said:
Here is the pride of my Himalayan Imports collection...The Dui-Chirra that I picked up at the Reno Convention back in March of 2003
Made by Bura

Sweet what is that deck made from? Its ... sweet.

aproy1101 said:
Sweet what is that deck made from? Its ... sweet.

The wood is called Red Balau which you can search on, some great looking stuff for a deck and it is super hard and heavy... in the Dui-Chirra pic the deck is about 2 years old so over time as it ages it turns a silver/grey which can be brought back to a fresh look as in this pic and then you can let it age back to the silver/grey again...beautiful stuff...If anyone wants to see more I'll post pics in the cantina

Here is the company that this deck wood came from
http://www.tataenterprises.net/PRODUCT/mangarisdeck.html

46168091.jpg

Thats awesome. Lovely wood even at Two years old. Sweet. I thought you were going to tell me it was synthetic. Must be a great place to relax. Pretty Buras too.

Most of my HI blades are by Bura. With one or two Sher thrown in for balance. The last Bura I acquired was a Katana pictured below. It went to my son upon his return from Iraq.

Bura is the best, IMHO!

Attachments

• HI Katana.JPG
    HI Katana.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 17
Yes-sir-ree, there sure are some real nice Bura specimens in all of your hands :)

If I had to choose my favorite two thus far, it would have to be Berkley's "UB Memorial Salyan" and Sweet's "Dui-Chirra",............. but all are indeed very nice looking specimens :)

Back