Show us your Charlie Campagna SFOs

eSr4gc6.jpg

I've used a one (a IV, not a IV-S) in the seventies for concert recordings. Lightweigth, reliable, easy to operate for good results. A marvel.

Dan.
I started working with a Perfectone, which I still have, then worked with Nagra III, IV, IV S and Ampex-Nagra. Video did not kill only the radio stars...:(

I started working with a Perfectone, which I still have, then worked with Nagra III, IV, IV S and Ampex-Nagra. Video did not kill only the radio stars...:(

Whatever they say, it was better before.
I still use a 60's Hi-fi system. Rega planar record table, Quad amplifiers, Ditton headphones. All British made. Won't change.

Dan.

Whatever they say, it was better before.
I still use a 60's Hi-fi system. Rega planar record table, Quad amplifiers, Ditton headphones. All British made. Won't change.

Dan.
Digital have quite no hiss or rumble, but lack harmonics...
Same for me Quad 33, 44 and 405 + 306 amps, Audio Monitor with Celestion speakers too large for my flat now (and the neighbours as well), replaced by smaller Cabasse .
Some knife content :
Rope_Perfectone.jpg

Digital have quite no hiss or rumble, but lack harmonics...
Same for me Quad 33, 44 and 405 + 306 amps, Audio Monitor with Celestion speakers too large for my flat now (and the neighbours as well), replaced by smaller Cabasse .
Some knife content :
View attachment 1503942

You are right, digital lacks harmonics and dynamic as well. Boring.
Knife content with Quad FM3,33 and 303.

1DGadyUh.jpg

9o0sMH1h.jpg

Dan.

From dumptruck ! Did they only knew what they were doing? So many things, often costing a lot, have been thrown away. You have had some luck.

Dan.

From dumptruck ! Did they only knew what they were doing? So many things, often costing a lot, have been thrown away. You have had some luck.

Dan.
By chance I was at the right place at the right moment. Betacam plastic was all the craze at this moment, all else was bulls..t (methink I was already an old bat since I was born:().

Babin was famous for his unbeatable leather motorcycle panniers (only choice of two then :Babin or Craven-each never equalled-) and also for Nagra bags. Not cheap, but would last several lifetimes, Mazamet leather and genuine undestroyable Eclair zipper! They were dumped by dozen, I managed to salvage many, all were "borrowed" by girl friends to make shoulder bags. And the leather smell! Oh that smell!!! :D:D:D
Waynorth2_Babin.jpg
66_Eclair.jpg

Hi All !

I’m quite new in the knife world and especially in the ‘traditional’ universe.

Anyway, I follow this forum regularly and I really wanted, with this first post, to thank M. Campagna for his work and passion.

So thank you Charlie to give me the opportunity to carry these two beauties !

The TC is ‘special’ and definitely a non-standard one and I really love it !

Merci encore Monsieur Campagna !

5SCEHh8Y_o.jpg

t1NcyxaX_o.jpg

By the way, you had great and nice ambassadors with Achille and Jolipapa on oversea forum !

I've been busy and these pics are overdue to be shown. I've been wanting a Washington Jack or Punch in smooth autumn gold bone for a long time and with help from a great member, I didn't ask permission post his handle we did a CC swap and I was able to get this Washington Punch. Besides the great coloring, the best part about getting this knife were all my conversations with this member, thank you Ben

wp1.jpg wp2.jpg

Hi All !

I’m quite new in the knife world and especially in the ‘traditional’ universe.

Anyway, I follow this forum regularly and I really wanted, with this first post, to thank M. Campagna for his work and passion.

So thank you Charlie to give me the opportunity to carry these two beauties !

The TC is ‘special’ and definitely a non-standard one and I really love it !

Merci encore Monsieur Campagna !

5SCEHh8Y_o.jpg

t1NcyxaX_o.jpg

By the way, you had great and nice ambassadors with Achille and Jolipapa on oversea forum !
I had the pleasure of spending some time with those great gentlemen, Nickamir!! Paris is a wonderful place !!
BTW, I asked GEC to use "waned" bone to make the handles on this year's Barlows, but he had few pieces to suit.
You got a lucky knife, IMO!!;)

Back