Show us your Charlie Campagna SFOs

Holy smokes! Those are all incredible. The abalone and pearl really stand out to me.
Glad you like them, mcc!!
waynorth waynorth Charlie, thank you, the hunt was fun and I'm very happy to have all 4.
Those 7 specials look great Charlie, they all look great, thank you for sharing :thumbsup:
The Ebony was a gift to Tony Bose, RIP!! The other 6 belong to a wild and crazy HJ collector here on the Porch!! 😊

Hope all is well Charlie :thumbsup:
I recently received the Crimson HJ1 to complete my hunt for the main 4 from this run, there're also 1 each of 7 specials made which I doubt I will get but I'm happy with these 4.
These HJs were made just as good or better than any GEC I own.

View attachment 1598923
Thats a wonderful line up of Stunning HJ's my friend.

Lovely Knives everyone!
Wow, Frank!! It took dedication to find all four of those!! Nice going!!
FYI, here are the 7 specials that Bill made for me back then!! I provided a lot of the handle material, at a foolish expense!!

View attachment 1607786
Tiger Coral, Pearl and Ebony.
View attachment 1607788

Stag, Buffalo, Abalone and Mammoth!!
Oh Man I feel weak at the Knees!

Wow, Frank!! It took dedication to find all four of those!! Nice going!!
FYI, here are the 7 specials that Bill made for me back then!! I provided a lot of the handle material, at a foolish expense!!

View attachment 1607786
Tiger Coral, Pearl and Ebony.
View attachment 1607788

Stag, Buffalo, Abalone and Mammoth!!
Charlie - those specials are unbelievable.;) Wow! Just incredible.:D Hope you are feeling better. I know that just looking at these knives makes me feel good. :thumbsup:

I believe in this case the S stands for satin which is added to the lid. There is also an S cold stamped over the identifying numbers stamp. But it is so light that it doesn't show in a photo.
It seems odd to me that they would put the same color but different jigging on these. Makes for a confusing lid ! Perhaps that was all they had at the time

Dave

PS, There are no flaws I can detect!
Looks the same as my Satin Blade Diamond Jack.. is this one of mine, the famous Pony Cut DJ, or is there a 4th lot of DJ's in a different trim still out there?

Attachments

• received_224435649587658.jpeg
    received_224435649587658.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 12
  • received_357065269374089.jpeg
    received_357065269374089.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 12
Not real sure what the question is! But there were only 3 diamond jacks released in 2017 and it looks to me like you have em all ! 😁

Dave
There was a mention of a Pony Cut JB 48 on this thread as well.. wondered if the Bone on the 3rd DJ that I have is the Pony Cut Bone?

There was a mention of a Pony Cut JB 48 on this thread as well.. wondered if the Bone on the 3rd DJ that I have is the Pony Cut Bone?
I'm not sure bout that! If there was one it wasn't Charlie's SFO. A guy would have to check on GEC'S website.

Just read page 47.... Yes, the DJ you have is one of the ones Jack is calling a "Pony Cut"

Dave

Last edited:
I have to say - Maintenance days - I went through some parts of my knife lot and Charlie’s knives are some of my most precious boxes.
The Quality, the styling - the thought going into the Handles and what type of jig if it has some - very very important knives.

A knife without history is only a tool :) 🙏

51349675203_c8c8ba74f2_c.jpg

49882065943_4c84b2be37_c.jpg

Â

Back