Show Us Your Discontinued Benchmades

Does anyone know what model this is? I received it as a gift in the mid 90's. My research has turned up nothing. Sorry for the upside down photo.

edit* it is an original 1000 Auto Spike.

View media item 500

Last edited:
It's been real quiet over here for quite some time so I figured I'd post this pic that I shot today for a bit of a bump.

tvCi9dq.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_0060.JPG I went to the Louisville gun show with my father sometime in the 90s. He bought 6 or 7 BM autos all different colors (I remember a couple of spikes in there). He gave me my choice and I picked the green one. I think he ended up paying 77$ a piece for them. Wish I had that pile now haha good day

I carried the green mini reflex for a couple of years going to college, I am very surprised it didn't get seized or lost because I was dabbling in quite a bit of stupid at the time. The other is a BM 720, i can't remember if it was my first axis lock or not. I was in to BM's at the time the axis lock was released

Last edited:
View attachment 719661 I went to the Louisville gun show with my father sometime in the 90s. He bought 6 or 7 BM autos all different colors (I remember a couple of spikes in there). He gave me my choice and I picked the green one. I think he ended up paying 77$ a piece for them. Wish I had that pile now haha good day

I carried the green mini reflex for a couple of years going to college, I am very surprised it didn't get seized or lost because I was dabbling in quite a bit of stupid at the time. The other is a BM 720, i can't remember if it was my first axis lock or not. I was in to BM's at the time the axis lock was released

I was in the military from 92 to 96 and if someone can date the mini reflex that would be great. I can't remember if it was pre 92 or not. (Dad passed in march so I can't ask him)

I lost my Dad a few years ago, but have a few things of his that bring a smile when I use them. It's nice that you have that green mini reflex to bring him to mind when you hold it. It takes time, but it'll make for a good feeling going forward.

My college years were back in the sixties, but we didn't dabble in any less stupid back in the day. Know how that feels too.

Long discontinued, Benchmade's first foray into Ti framelocks; the 750 in ATS-34. This is still NIB.

4k6ORiy.jpg

Been quiet here for a while, so I'll give us a bit of a bump with a pic of my "good" 710 with a fresh lanyard I tied up a couple days ago.
Me7MdZq.jpg

Thanks, Chazzy!

Those are two beauties you have there..I'm a big fan of the 800's.

Nice looking salad!

Thanks right back at ya, Icky. That 800 is incredibly smooth and the ATS-34 gets stupidly sharp! :D

That's my breakfast most days, BTW.

I think 90% of my Benchmades are discontinued. The sad thing is that I put them all into a large box for storage and cleaning up of a room that was a catch all workshop/junk room and I don't know what ended up happening to that box. I'll look for it this weekend and take some crappy pictures. ;)

Back