Show Us Your Gunstock Traditionals

Well, seems like this sub/sub-forum is slowly disintegrating. I was recently diagnosed with melanoma cancer and I've been a little out of touch for the past few weeks. Overall prognosis is good but there will be some recovery required. Also some immunotherapy. Recent scans have been clean. I'll be on and off the computer for awhile. I wish all a Merry Christmas and Happy new year.

I'm so sorry to hear that.Please get well and kick melenoma's ass!

Well, seems like this sub/sub-forum is slowly disintegrating. I was recently diagnosed with melanoma cancer and I've been a little out of touch for the past few weeks. Overall prognosis is good but there will be some recovery required. Also some immunotherapy. Recent scans have been clean. I'll be on and off the computer for awhile. I wish all a Merry Christmas and Happy new year.

Been there, done that - was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma back in '95. Immunotherapy wasn't fun, but it's supposedly not as bad as chemotherapy. Best of luck to you, may your scans continue to be clear.

I have a slightly different way than some, I don't believe in luck, the way I was taught you claim victory over it. So in that way I'll say, congratulations on beating the snot outta melanoma :thumbsup: looking forward to your post reporting free and clear :thumbsup:
I like your style and I like my chances - good prognosis so far. Thx for the encouraging words.

Winchester 2869 Gunstock c.1920s
NNZoNcD.jpg

v2DBIlk.jpg

wTAFFMF.jpg

I don't own a knife with better action. Fit & finish is superb, too. The cutlers of the day were truly masters of their craft.

such a beauty, i've got 3 Alsdorf knives now, love 'em. hope to snag one like yours some day. i see in the archive that he was at a 2018 show, hoping he's still making knives.
Thank you for the compliment. I'm not sure what Mike is up to these days. He was on the list to attend a recent show in January but he wasn't there. A couple members of the club that sponsors the show told me that he hasn't attended a club meeting since early 2019. I too hope he is doing well and still making knives.

Back