Show us your small knives...hunters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I'm in love! Those Sendero's are awesome, can't deny that, and that DeRosier (sp?) is cool too, but the lines of the DHIII are so clean, so modest that they simply cannot be improved! That knife has got to be my new favorite! I must know more about it, is it a one off of customer design (yours?)? Is it a standard design that he offers, and what does he call it?
I will have one of those or that one someday! Beautiful!

-Xander

Hello Xander, sorry I have not answered your questions about the Hanson until now. I've been busy and haven't had much time for the forums lately.
Anyway, it's Don's design and has become somewhat of a standard model for him as he's may 4 or 5 I know of. I don't believe he has named it. He brought his first to Jerry Fisk's Micro Show a few years ago when he was a guest maker at the show. What's cool about these little knives is that they are practically fully forged to shape.
One of my favorite pieces in my collection. Below, I copied and pasted a post on the knife from another thread where Don describes it a little further.

Here’s one I picked-up at the Arkansas Show and am VERY pleased with it.
Though at a glance it appears to be a simple little knife the more I inspect it the more impressed I become with its execution. The blade finish is perfection and IMO it’s just right in size and design for a fixed-blade carry. Extremely sharp and pointy, so have to handle with care.

Here are Don’s words on this handy little fixed EDC:
“Steel is 1086M from Howard Clark. The M is for modified, Vanadium added to 1086. It's a lot like W2 with just slightly less carbon. Very good blade steel. No profile grinding or grinding on the flats of the tang, more forged to shape than most and more difficult than one would think.”

Handle: premium Sambar Stag
Blade: forged full tapered tang of 1086M with active hamon.
OAL: 7 ¾”/ 197mm
BL: 4” / 102mm
Thickness: 3/16” @ spine
Sheath: leather and Sharkskin inlay sheath by Kenny Rowe.

001c.jpg

A small Sam, 10 cms of blade & Maraging... I'm going to test it during three months at the house, in cooking and at table just to see the "patina" on the maraging...

A small Sam, 10 cms of blade & Maraging... I'm going to test it during three months at the house, in cooking and at table just to see the "patina" on the maraging...

Gee, tough job! ;) Looking forward to hearing back on how it worked out.

Roger

Beautiful little hunter you got there Norbert :)

This is my favorite small knife. It is one of my Dad's
IMAG0299.png

The sheath is made with a belt clip.
IMAG0300.png

Sorry for the bad pictures

Last edited:
I only have one custom.

Made by my Uncle, Glen Hornby, before he passed away.

Terrible pics.

IMG005.jpg

The revolver was inherited from my Grandfather. Two items I won't ever part with.

IMG002-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back