Show us your Spyderco-bladed Victorinox/Spydernox knives!

Hashishiin

Gold Member
Since I have been thinking and thinking of my dream pair of 91mm Swiss Army Knives, both of which will incorporate one of my two favorite small Spydie utility blades, I was wondering what the rest of you had to offer in terms of modified SAKs with Spyderco blades on them. It does not have to be yours, it can just be a cool one you saw on the net and admired, whatever you like - the best Spydernox you have, or have seen. Victorinox also just passed up Cold Steel for second place on my most-knives-owned list, Spyderco of course being no. 1 with the number floating near 30 knives.

Nothing wrong with the more common "58mm/Honeybee or Bug" mod, but bigger and more unusual mods preferred. I was going to buy a 12c27 Bug to do the Spydernox that everyone does, but I realized two things - 1. 12c27 is right near the same thing as Victorinox steel, therefore 2. The only thing that it would be is a tribute to Spyderco, which is all well and good, but my goal isn't to say "Look, it's a Spyderco blade in there... isn't that cool?" on my SD Classic. I already have enough weird 58mm SAKs to go "Look at that..." to, so this mod is not for me. If you are going to make that kind of Spydernox, the 3cr13 on the current Bug will do you just fine (Please don't stop making the Bug, I'll never complain about the 3cr, I have plenty of knives with crazy steel!)

By the way, the utility blades I was talking about, specifically, are the K390 Wharncliffe D-Fly, and the venerable Cricket, which always finds itself in my pocket every time I know I'm going to do something... Maybe, just maybe... a Dodo blade, if the 91mm can handle that. I know for 100% fact the D-fly can be made to fit. Haven't gotten positive confirmation on the Cricket but I am sure it is doable. They're so light and so tempting to slip in the pocket, imagine having the blade on a SAK! It's a dream to me, because those blades are pure utility, so to have it in a SAK with my perfect toolset, ready to go in my pocket the way it always does... it's minimalism!! Haha.

To me, it always seemed counterproductive to sacrifice Spyderco handle ergonomics in favor of a Victorinox block, extra tools or not. To each his own, I guess.
But... I have a Dodo. Three, actually. A really nice plainedge with custom Desert Ironwood scales, and two M4 serrated. Probably will end up with only one, but meh. Maybe could be a special gift to someone who appreciates it. But, my point is, these are way more ergonomic than the Cricket (by a lot) and Dragonfly (by a little), so I always have an option for light carry. It's the being able to throw such a useful package in my pocket that appeals, but I understand the love of Spyderco's ergos.

Back