Show what you did with your EDC today.

01C583FF-E2E8-40EA-8A88-4006E2221E7F.jpeg C72E2A5F-0FE3-4C97-971B-9B5BCD7CACAD.jpeg E5B80631-FE96-402D-9A7D-57CFCCEA06D4.jpeg 47B2E5C1-1CDF-4416-9124-6EA5FBC9214A.jpeg FB94D458-9D3C-4586-9F45-C306C15C5B65.jpeg 1E26AD32-BE87-4857-80B7-E534718133DD.jpeg C3F713D4-63D5-44BF-ABC7-B22A86F33535.jpeg BC8F8737-1B35-40EF-ACA4-4960655F1C1D.jpeg Cut a drop ceiling tile, stripped some ground wire, cut some plastic sheeting, sharpened a pencil, trimmed a hole out a little bigger to make a box fit after cutting with keyhole saw, opened several packages and cut some Mc cable sheathing

Used my ZT 0357 to ream some copper pipe for some rough in work and to cut away some old gypsum board to access some pipes for removal
4E23L1z.jpg

raOSwrv.jpg

Used my ZT 0357 to ream some copper pipe for some rough in work and to cut away some old gypsum board to access some pipes for removal
4E23L1z.jpg

raOSwrv.jpg
I would use the back of the blade to debur the pipe...

When deburring (not reaming) the inside of a pipe, you don't need to slice off anything, so why blunt your edge scraping when you can just use a corner of the spine and not blunt anything?

Electricians used to use a flat screwdriver for doing this. It's not precision work. But hey, if you want to chip or roll your edge at the tip needlessly, go right ahead! ;-)

When deburring (not reaming) the inside of a pipe, you don't need to slice off anything, so why blunt your edge scraping when you can just use a corner of the spine and not blunt anything?

Electricians used to use a flat screwdriver for doing this. It's not precision work. But hey, if you want to chip or roll your edge at the tip needlessly, go right ahead! ;-)
If I’m reaming EMT I use my reamer screwdriver, file, channel locks, or the fin on the backside of a tubing cutter. I’ve got a reamer bit that goes on a drill also. Saves your hands and wrists if your running EMT all day for weeks. If it’s rigid I use a file.

As far as plastic pvc goes I can deburr with my finger. Not all cuts are perfect and sometimes the conduit isn’t smooth. I’ll take my knife and chamfer the edge to make a smooth transition for wire to pull across. Most of the time it’s done pretty easily, not always tho.

Rolling an edge is something that just happens with a daily working knife and I don’t get too concerned about it. I haven’t used a razor (utility) knife in years. I could strip wire with my stripping knife or hawkbill but I don’t. Most cardboard I could just rip up with my hands. Most packages I open I could use a screwdriver or keys. I could cut zip ties with my side cutters (and do most of the time if they’re on me). Almost everything I use my knife for I could use something else, but I’m always looking for an excuse to use mine. I’ve cut small branches out of the way before also, and I’ve just snapped and twisted them before as well.

Back