1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Show you Blade show Fiddleback purchases

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by BBQ BOY, Jun 9, 2012.

1. BBQ BOY

BBQ BOY

Feb 24, 2009
    I picked up a Hiking Buddy with black bolsters and Bocota with O1 steel. I have to be honest, I couldn't decide which knife to get. This year, I think Andy out did himself. There were several models that were speaking to me. Great job Andy!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. maw

maw Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Very nice! Very nice indeed. Thank you for sharing.

Mark

3. Northridge88

Northridge88 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Great looking hiking buddy! Nice score!

4. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the funniest part of the day was when i asked andy's wife if she new a particular girl(a friend of mine that andy's wife plays tennis with)...and andy said something to the effect of "whoa..thats wierd ..you know my wife"

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  5. wildmanh

wildmanh KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 9, 2000
    Nice scores guys! Please keep the pictures coming.

6. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I don't have any pics of the bushfinger i scored from Andy i gave it to my son for his birthday. He was very happy and hugged me for the longest time. It has ironwood handles and is quite beautiful with a Heber sheath which is also very nice. Bring on the pics guys i wish i could donate some myself but i have'nt seen that BF since my son left with it to go hiking.

Doug

7. pveiled

pveiled

Apr 26, 2012
    Sweet knives guys. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Anyone else with BLADE goodies from Fiddleback I know we'd all enjoy some pictures if you get a chance :)

BBQ Boy that HB is particularly nice. That knife is high on my list of desirable Fiddlebacks, and those scales are really handsome. Very nice!

Doug that is such a great story! Really, it made me smile. Sounds like your son appreciates a good knife when he sees it...and it sounds like it'll be well used as well! Another of Andy's blades has found a happy home :D

8. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    im pretty sure andy sold more than 2 knives

9. KHDaily

KHDaily

Aug 17, 2011
    I got one sweet Cocobolo Bushcrafter!! It is black micarta with a blue liner with some really sweet looking cocobolo wood!!! I REALLY like the light yellow that is in the wood!!

DSCN2790.jpg DSCN2791.jpg DSCN2792.jpg DSCN2793.jpg

Attached Files:

10. TooQuiet

TooQuiet

May 5, 2011
  11. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Bladeshow was a lot of fun again this year. I'm very glad you are all happy with your knives, and I was very glad to meet so many of y'all at the show. I've made a lot of friends here over the years and it is quite an experience to put so many names with faces. Thanks for all the support guys.

12. ErichM

ErichM Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  13. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    It was great to meet you and your lovely wife as well Erich. Can't wait for the pics.

14. NoFair

NoFair

Jun 30, 2006
    Will post pictures of mine when it gets here:D

15. Jroden5446

Jroden5446 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Hidden tang KE Bushie, I knew I wanted this one from the pre-show pics, fondled it a bit, walked the floor and came back a bought it, it was extra difficult, since every blade on Andy's table was outstanding

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's propped up on a big chunk of Thuya wood burl that I managed to score in Morocco

16. KHDaily

KHDaily

Aug 17, 2011
    Yeah! That was too funny the ladybug provided some great intertainment at dinner!!!

17. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    That KE Bushie was so light and wonderful. I am glad it is home!

18. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Anybody take some photos of Andy's table? Would love to see pics of all that was out!

19. mistwalker

mistwalker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Really nice scores!! Now that Lisa has my old Hiking Buddy my next is going to either be convex 5/32 HB, or a Woodsman.

Some pics from the Fiddleback, Fletcher, and Dogwood booth :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I fondled the Woodsman a little longer than Andy would have preferred...

[​IMG]

For some reason these put me in mind of the Crysknife from Dune

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course Dylan and the Mrs. were there.

[​IMG]

Not recalling the name of it, but I really dig the re-curved tactical tanto design Dylan came up with!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also really like the newly designed Pocket Kilo I picked I picked up :D Sweet blade and perfect for discretion in my urban environment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. wildmanh

wildmanh KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 9, 2000
    Ohh, I think I see my new camp knife in there. :D And that Duracoated Machete contrasts nicely with my sheath.

Mystwalker, thanks for the pictures! Looks like everyone was having a great time.