Show your Collection!

RyanW

I realize you don't just own Ryan W. Knives... I would love to see any knives you have from other makers! Lets keep them Custom knives that you own, I can only look at so many Striders, Spyderco and Benchmades (Yes I have them myself).

Mike Quesenberry (California, USA)

Claudio Sobral (Argentinia) This is a Collaboration

Roman Blaha (Czech Republic)

Jared Oeser (Utah, USA)

Jeremy Barnard (US)

This one was very Special for me. Before I started making knives I contacted Sam Lurquin about making me one of his amazing Tsavo's and wanted to have it delivered at Blade 2012. Due to my schedule issues and Sam having some delays that didn't happen. After a few emails we decided that we would try to shoot for Blade 2013. Sam Spent the last few days before he got on his flight to Atlanta finishing up my Tsavo... He was also in the middle of preparing for his ABS Journeyman Smith Evaluation at the Show.

On top of all that... HE GAVE THE TSAVO TO ME!! with the condition that I make him a Guarded knife as trade.

I had David Brown (Buy Brown Inc) top off the package with two of his amazing sheaths.

Ooops Double post... I will stick something cool here at some point :thumbup:

Last edited:
I just received this one today in the mail, been a few years in the works... Couldn't be happier. Eric Ochs makes an amazing knife and I am honored to be making him one in the very near future!

Eric Ochs - Otter:
Blade Material: S30V
Blade Finish: Satin W/Hand Rubbed Flats
Handle Material: Spruce Cone W/Alumilite
Frame/Liner: 6Al4V Titanium
Guards/Bolsters: Carbon Fiber
Misc: Floating Hammered coppper back spacer

Wow Ryan, those are all awesome but I really like the Otter! Pine cone/resin scales are just cool and it really works well here with the CF bolster and Ti lock side. The small details, like the hammered lock bar stabilizer, are really nice too. How long it the blade, looks to be sub-3"?

Thanks Jonas, I started out as a collector and love seeing what people can do, Amazing stuff out there.

Shane, Eric does amazing work and is one of the best at matching hard to match materials IMO... You are correct on the blade length - OAL: 6.5" Blade: 2.75"

nobody else?? I know there are some Knife Knuts out there!

Here is one I just took delivery on, I have been chomping at the bit for a John Doyle Knife ever since I met him at the 2009 Boise ID. Show! GREAT maker, and one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Specs:
Ground from 1095 steel, clay quenched and etched
7 1/2" overall with a 3 1/4" blade, just shy of 3" of actual sharp edge, .120" thick at the ricasso
Nice distal taper
My "Twisted Steel" filework left slightly proud of the handle scales (feels great in hand)
Premium Desert Ironwood scales
Carved and textured scale panels
Gold plated screws (and 6 hidden pins for shear strength and proper alignment

Thank you John, Absolutely beautiful piece that I will be putting to work this spring!
Ryan

Kevin, It may have very well been this exact knife... It sat for far too long at an amazing price for the amount of work John puts into his blades! I recommend anyone that can grab a J. Doyle knife, grab it!!

Ryan, awesome pics! Wanna shoot some more of my knives? ;)

Glad it made it there safe and sound. I'm honored and humbled to be included in your VERY nice collection.

Snapped some pics for this thread today. As you can see, I use my knives a lot so they might not be up to presentation standards.

First up is my Ryan Weeks Combo :D

Second is my CAS combo. I should mention that I did a little texturing to the smaller blades handle.

This is one I picked up recently. Nice EDC folder by one of our own, Eliot Maldonado.

Modded 0560, my work knife:

Ill get more as I can.

Jonas... Thank you so much for putting up some photos, you obviously have good taste in knives!! :D

Tell me a little more about the Elliot Knife... Is he Elliot here on BF? and did you do the custom work on that 0560?

Yes he goes by the name Eliot. It's a 3" blade on bearings with two types of carbon fiber and carbon fiber clip. Very fast, solid, and simple construction.

Yes I did the work on the 0560. Acid sw the blade, satin finished the flats, tweaked the pivot a little and did some finishing on the titanium (reverse side).

I appreciate both these knives Inked! Dylan is a character and You can post anything from my close buddy Jonny Mac any day all day!

Thanks for sharing, Please everyone post up some more I know there are a bunch of nuts roaming these pages!!

Back