1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show Your Kepharts!

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, May 11, 2011.

1. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    It seems like I am getting a lot of emails asking about my Kephart design. I have a feeling they are from some of the lurkers or guests that always seem to be on here. I would appreciate it if you guys that have one would post a photo to help them decide they really do want one. ;)

2. Rockywolf

Rockywolf Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2005
    My Kephart is pictured on your website. I doubt I have the pic anymore. I gave the knife to my sons' best friend, who is now a MP in the Marines. The look in his eyes was worth the thanks he gave me. My son is heading into the Army this fall, and he too will take a JK knife along for his adventures.

If anyone is on the fence about this knife: get one. They are tough as nails, sharpen easily, a perfect ratio of handle to blade. You won't be disappointed!

3. outdoorsfan

outdoorsfan

Sep 30, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Hi Guys -

Great story, Rocky - and I love the picture of the mini-Kephart with the tiny spoon and fuzz-stick, Sean.

Here are some pictures of my very first JK, a standard Kephart with Maple Burl scales:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This knife has seen a lot of action in the Moon kitchen -
    [​IMG]

I have even taken it with me to go shooting and gathering maple sap -
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally - here is my EDC Kephart next to an Izula for size reference:
    [​IMG]

best regards -

mqqn

5. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Here's mine. The wood handle one was from John"s "budget line"and is my favorite. They are all users so don't let the clean blades fool you; I cleaned them up for the pic.
    [​IMG]

6. mrbear

mrbear

Sep 17, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Liveitloud

Liveitloud

Jul 1, 2006
    Just so happens that I have one of John's Kepharts and would be happy to show it off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry....guess I went a little overboard with the pictures. It is a pretty knife though. :)

8. kyturkey

kyturkey

Oct 10, 2007
    Here's a couple

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. trevytrev

trevytrev

May 4, 2010
    My new favorite blade, John knocks this design out of the park! I highly recommend this blade:thumbup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still shiny and new but hope to get her dirty and patina'ed in no time:D

10. frontiertom

frontiertom Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Always glad to show this one off! It was my first JK Knife, and it is only one of the Twins! John makes some awsome knives!

It's always hard for me to see any knife and not take it home with me but, really all you need to do anything with is one of John's Kepharts, and it will last you a life time if you take care of it!

[​IMG]

11. ManOfMisery

ManOfMisery

Jan 20, 2010
    Here's a current photo of my Kephart HD. Just sharpened it up yesterday after a bunch of use and today I've been slowly sanding the scales down a bit to give me a slimmer handle. This is still my favorite knife over custom and production blades and it's an amazing general use knife. Sometimes I wish I had gone with the regular Kephart for a thinner blade, but I plan on ordering a regular version and an EDC Kephart this year as well so I'll have all my bases covered.

[​IMG]

12. Ossa1970

Ossa1970

Nov 5, 2006
    My first JK Kephart, love this knife, plan on getting several other versions in the future. Best knife for the money you can get.
    [​IMG]

13. Ossa1970

Ossa1970

Nov 5, 2006
    Another great example!
    [​IMG]

14. Ossa1970

Ossa1970

Nov 5, 2006
    Two more Keppys, a basic and a EDC along with Neckmuk
    [​IMG]

Phill50 likes this.
  15. grunt soldier

grunt soldier Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 4, 2009
    i love the johns kepharts. very classy and useful blade. i definitely need to get with him and order one up but I went with his camp hawk instead :)

16. Simplejack

Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    [​IMG]

17. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    IMG_0245.JPG IMG_0246.JPG

My Pocket Keppie. Handy little size for cutting jobs, not really for the kitchen, but there when you need a good blade.

18. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
    AC92986C-DDB3-4468-842A-9D578902BF8A.jpeg

cbach8tw likes this.
  19. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    @natureboy, is that an Edc Kephart in the pic with the pumpkin carving?

20. marchone

marchone

Mar 13, 2013
    Are the JK Kepharts hand-forged with the convex blade geometry of the Colclesser originals? A couple pictured above seem to be, while others look like full flat grinds.