1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show your love for the EDKarda

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by VANCE, May 4, 2018.

1. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    I searched for a thread but didn't find one that showcases what is probably my favorite & most carried Model.
    I also wanted to show the difference between the 3 orange burlap's that have been offered in the past & present by Fiddleback Forge.

Electric Orange
    the new Sunset Orange
    Tangerine
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let's see yours!

2. drewway

drewway

Oct 30, 2015
    My favorite model as well. Also the only Fiddleback I have ever purchased a 2nd.
    [​IMG] on Flickr
    Mine, although it doesn't look like this anymore. It has been heavily used, and even gone through a cycle in the washing machine.
    [​IMG] on Flickr
    My son's. This was mine until he claimed it for his 21st Bday to go along with his new Springfield XDE.
    I may need to purchase another, so I can have a backup, just in case.

pertinux, Fiddleback, David L and 2 others like this.
  3. schmittie

schmittie Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    @VANCE bro, I think I NEED that sunset orange one ;)

Fiddleback and VANCE like this.
  4. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    the "new" hasnt even been worn off yet

Fiddleback and schmittie like this.
  5. David L

David L Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2018
    @VANCE, that electric orange one is sweet! I have a nice one to post up when I get a chance that sat in the FM for way to long.

Fiddleback likes this.
  6. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    thanks
    so far I think the Sunset may over take the EO as my favorite orange :eek:

i look forward to seeing it here

it's a great model & I have seen several folks talking about them in recent posts.

i know there are more out there.....i cant buy them all.

TrainedBullets, Odaon and Nbrackett like this.
  7. schmittie

schmittie Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Not the best pics but what I had in the library. I need to take a few more. She makes a great carver at 5/32 once I knocked off the secondary bevel. Wish I had a thin one, I bet it would be amazing.

25C09B63-A8DA-4D9D-AB49-7BF20EEB9CB3.jpeg 11C000D9-7C69-476B-8EA4-96AF1C26707F.jpeg

8. David L

Feb 8, 2018
    I'll be honest I purchased this 100% on looks I really didn't think it would be a EDC that I would use. I really couldn't stand seeing a knife this beautiful sitting in the FM for as long as it was. I was constantly going back pages in the FM just to look at it over and over again. I thought the blade would not work for me as a one and only knife and it probably wouldn't but as a fun EDC absolutely! So not only is this one that is staying with me I am not hiding it in a safe either. Think arranged marriage where you are wildly attracted to your future mate but know little about them but look forward to falling in love and sharing your life with them. Too much...ok...I really like this knife.

DCFE1E2B-4563-45B1-9AA5-431EA93549E3.JPG

Boxer .45, Bmurray, burnside and 7 others like this.
  9. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator

Oct 19, 2005
    This is a neato thread. Iys a cookey model. I carried one for a bit. It grows on you loke an ugly dog.

David L likes this.
  10. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    that happens to be the best looking one ever made

jaz322, David L and Nbrackett like this.
  11. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    WHOA.

Possibly so! It's a stunner, no matter what. :thumbsup:

I knew there was something special about the EDK, and now I've heard it from the man himself.

o_O

I want it engraved on my EDK somewhere:

IYS A COOKEY MODEL

And will now smile even more every time I use mine. :D

-- In all seriousness, the EDK has a fantastic handle-to-blade ratio for close work, and (for me) makes an awesome EDC.

I love mine.

[​IMG]

Thanks again, @VANCE!

~ P.

Fiddleback, Bmurray, burnside and 6 others like this.
  12. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    lol

no problem
    thank you

13. David L

Feb 8, 2018

That knife is awesome! I feels so dark like you might have stolen it from some witch doctor. Whatever kind of middle earth project @mistwalker is working on that would surely make the cut. If it ever starts giving you nightmares I would be happy to throw money at you to make it go away.

Thanks, it still always catches my attention no matter how many beautiful knives I line it up with.

mistwalker and pertinux like this.
  14. mistwalker

mistwalker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Oh it most certainly would. I thought that same thing the day it showed up on the forum. Right now I'm more in a panic state trying to see if I can come up with the funds for that Shank you have for sale. If been looking for one of those in that configuration for this project since day one of it. But after last year being my first of single fatherhood and doing it with a broken leg...I just can't swing it right now.

15. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 9, 2000
    I'll try to get pictures of my ED Karda up tomorrow. It's a handy knife!

16. Tekton

Tekton Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 8, 2015
    I love my OS Karda, but I'd really like to try an ED Karda. @pertinux that scandi ED Karda in Buckeye Burl is one of my favorite Fiddlebacks to date! Every time I see it I stop to admire it.

Lady1911 and Warrior108 like this.
  17. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    @VANCE Can this be a "Karda" thread or would OSK-only pics be crashing the party?

OSK Fence-1125x633.jpg

Bmurray, Odaon, Tutone and 1 other person like this.
  18. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    it doesnt matter to me:thumbsup:

19. Onedog

Onedog Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Right now I only have my BC Karda and my OS Karda. Both of which I'll get pics up of. I'm still keeping my eye out for the perfect ED Karda. Preferably in Masur Birch with a scandi grind. :D

Nbrackett, Tekton and Lady1911 like this.
  20. TrainedBullets

TrainedBullets

Apr 23, 2017
    I can see why you all love the EDK. I haven’t had much of a chance to work with mine (it’s a Father’s Day present to myself), but it came Thursday and I had to handle it a bit to check it out. My initial impression is this one could be a real game changer. Short enough of a blade that it’s still non-threatening, nice point, little belly (which I like on a short bladed knife), small enough to easily pocket carry, and very comfortable handle with a full four finger grip.

I’ll post pictures after Father’s Day.

Fiddleback, pertinux and Lady1911 like this.