Show Your Machetes

Still wondering what's keeping you from buying a dealer account, man. :confused:

I picked up this WWII "Bad Ass Machete" a while back

p1070556j.jpg

p1070545e.jpg

p1070541d.jpg

Shado1-
I found one of those a couple of months ago. I was helping one of my mom's neighbors clean out a shed and there it was. Mine's a 1945 model but still has the original handle.

20130902_174618.jpg

Mmmmmmmm Collins.... just had a few land here, myself, actually! Courtesy of a pal of mine on the west coast. Will have to take some photos later but one was a project piece that needs just a little more elbow grease before it's ready for its photo session. :)

My Tram 14" bolo:

c3y2.jpg

Man, this little guy bites deep and makes short work of limbs. Snap cuts are a breeze. It out performs some other machetes I have that cost a lot more. Best $20 I've ever spent (I splurged and got the sheath, too :D)!

Traditional English made billhook! can't beat the socket handle ones for practicalilty! superb centries old tool.

And another! this one's a heavy old beast.

And from top to bottom, Large veitnam era Martindale cane machete, cheap ebay machete that I've had for about 11 years, cost me about the same as a pack of cig's! and the 'famous' Martindale golok. Top one gets used everytime I go in my garden to tame the grass, bushes as I have no electricity! the ebay one is used for the samller stuff in tight spaces and the Martindale was sold off as it was terrible!

Remember, if it doesn;t have the Martindale crocodile logo and 'made in sheffield' on it, it's a chinese fake sold as 'British army machete'.

need me a tramontina bolo now, I cut my latin one into a few other knives and fancy a winter project/zombie cutter.

Mine is a Martindale machete with an 18 inch blade. I had knifemaker Ray Ennis (Entrek Knives) install the micarta handles from an Esee Lite machete on it. He needed to grind it down a little bit in order for the handles to fit.

It is the best machete I have ever used :thumbup:

Nice finish work! The Speed Machete hasn't gotten nearly as much attention as it deserves. It's not as visually interesting on paper as some of the other Condor models that came out this year, but it's a revelation in the hand. :)

Back