1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

Shower Knife, really? Who does that!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by David Mary, Mar 25, 2020 at 8:58 PM.

1. MarkN86

MarkN86

Sep 3, 2012
    You beat me to it.

I used to think about being attacked in the shower. The truth is, unless they intend to harm you, most of the time people will come in, steal what they want, and leave with no confrontation. If they do come in, usually a minimal amount of resistance is enough to send them packing. If not, either punch or shower knife them straight in the face.

2. K.O.D.

K.O.D. My head is on loose but my shoes are tight Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    I lock the bathroom door, hand gun on the toilet. Knife when taking a bath to cut dingleberries. For showering, just gun on the back of the toilet.

3. Chefget

Chefget Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 1998
    Nope, not living that scared a life

4. David Mary

David Mary KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    To all such comments: Gorilla glue, hello?

And really, even if someone did have it in there for such a reason, remember the story?

5. blanex1

blanex1

Feb 11, 2015
    no shower, but I no a couple of guys who keep a knife under there bed or mattress ! I would rather have a 45 under there.

David Mary likes this.
  6. neo71665

neo71665

Feb 18, 2020
    Not one that only lives in the shower but I have at least 2 knives within arms reach of me at all time. There is also at least one gun in any room i'm at at that moment, normally more.

7. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Just shower with your clothes on and you'll already have a knife or two in your pockets.....rookies

8. JJHollowman

JJHollowman Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 16, 2016
    I assume you know where to wear this. (Hint: not your fingers).

[​IMG]

jstrange and JD Bear like this.
  9. Snacktime

Snacktime

Aug 18, 2019
    I got a can of air freshener and a plunger. I only fear my wife in my own home.

My knives are tools anyways, my chow mix has made home defense pointless. Spastic dog just freaks people out for $20 a month in dog food. Best attack dog you can get is all bark and loves to lick people.

Mass1632 and David Mary like this.
  10. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    A friend has a terrier that loves to bark. Really loves to bark.

The problem is that my friend lets her do it. All the time. His reasoning is that he will never know when she needs to go outside if he gets her to be quiet.

You can hear the damn dog barking when my friend drives into my neighborhood. Annoying as heck. I am waiting to hear about it from my neighbors, HOA, or park management.

I just want the thing to shut up.

allenC and blanex1 like this.
  11. Houlahound

Houlahound

Aug 2, 2017
    ??

12. Houlahound

Houlahound

Aug 2, 2017
    At least that method doesn't show your nuts.

13. Sharp Steel

Sharp Steel

Aug 10, 2009
    If you need a knife for the toilet your diet may need adjustments? :eek: :poop::poop::poop:

14. Chronovore

Chronovore Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 29, 2019
    I had to listen to it more than once. He actually says: "If there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here. Walk out, put that double barrel shotgun, fire two blasts outside the house." It's not quite "into the air" but I'm gonna give that -1 for safety and another -1 for promising that as a solution. So that's -3 all day. :eek:

Seriously, shower knife may be a better solution!

David Mary likes this.
  15. JeremiahWeaver09

JeremiahWeaver09

Nov 13, 2009
    is that shower knife meant to protect against harvey weinstein

16. neo71665

neo71665

Feb 18, 2020
    Epstein didn't have a shower knife

17. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    o_O Never had one before ...but , maybe I should . :eek:

Of course , then I'd have to have my G19 , AR15 , etc etc ... could get crowded in there . :rolleyes:

18. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    No, I don’t do that. I rely in the ”storming out of bathroom screaming naked” psychological trick. Never tried it but it would probably work fairly well..

19. Houlahound

Houlahound

Aug 2, 2017
    Surprised no-one mentioned they don't need no stupid shower knife because they have their sword in hand while showering.

allenC and David Mary like this.
  20. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I honestly think a baseball bat would be a better option. If home defense is the objective.

David Mary likes this.