1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Shree Ten Chandra Samsher comes to Maine

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by ArchAngel, Jan 10, 2009.

1. ArchAngel

ArchAngel

Feb 13, 2000
    I managed to be lucky enough to get the Samsher from 1/1/09.:D
    It is a wonderful khuk. Large, Heavy, and Unique, just my cup o tea!
    There was just something about this khuk that screamed MINE when I saw it.
    The subtle lines of the blade, enough belly, yet a strait enough line between handle and tip, that it can be a thruster. The way the blade flows into the Cho. A total package of a tough and different khuk.
    Once the blade arrived, it proved to be even nicer than I imagined.
    The blade is solid, substantial and sharp. It is even sharper now.;) It seems to have a hollow forged/ground blade. Not the edge but across the whole blade. If you put a pencil across the width of the blade, the center is dished nicely! The edge is nice and even and sounds like it has a pretty large sweet spot. (My fingernail tap test).
    The handle is a great looking piece of wood and as is Shers style HAND FILLING. It feels perfect to me. The leading edge of the bloster is different than any other khuk I have. It sort of has teeeth filed into it where it meets the blade. Very nice looking touch to be sure!:thumbup:
    I look forward to testing this monster on wood, but it is in the teens today at home so a quick photo shoot was all I felt up to.
    The sheath is nicely made and fits perfectly.
    All in All this is going to be a favorite of mine I can tell
    Yangdu , I thank you for this awesome khuk. Also the cool pin and postcard that came as well. A wonderful extra touch!!

2. greenwoods

greenwoods

Sep 2, 2006
    Wow:eek:
    That's a beautiful and unique one for sure. Really neat bolster and a fine blade.

Thanks for sharing the cool pics.

:D
    Mark

3. Cpl Punishment

Cpl Punishment

Jan 28, 2006
    Nice review.

Those certainly are attractive blades for sure.

Looking forward to the performance review.

4. Ugly Duck

Ugly Duck

Oct 6, 2008
    Its a beautiful thing....

5. b.c.molin

b.c.molin

Nov 28, 2008
    Thanks for your review because up until I read it I had not known that the Samsher was hollow forged like the Gelbu Special.

Sure makes for an interesting Khuk to own. :thumbup:

6. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Thank you for the pictures and kind words