Shree Ten Chandra Samsher comes to Maine

I managed to be lucky enough to get the Samsher from 1/1/09.:D
It is a wonderful khuk. Large, Heavy, and Unique, just my cup o tea!
There was just something about this khuk that screamed MINE when I saw it.
The subtle lines of the blade, enough belly, yet a strait enough line between handle and tip, that it can be a thruster. The way the blade flows into the Cho. A total package of a tough and different khuk.
Once the blade arrived, it proved to be even nicer than I imagined.
The blade is solid, substantial and sharp. It is even sharper now.;) It seems to have a hollow forged/ground blade. Not the edge but across the whole blade. If you put a pencil across the width of the blade, the center is dished nicely! The edge is nice and even and sounds like it has a pretty large sweet spot. (My fingernail tap test).
The handle is a great looking piece of wood and as is Shers style HAND FILLING. It feels perfect to me. The leading edge of the bloster is different than any other khuk I have. It sort of has teeeth filed into it where it meets the blade. Very nice looking touch to be sure!:thumbup:
I look forward to testing this monster on wood, but it is in the teens today at home so a quick photo shoot was all I felt up to.
The sheath is nicely made and fits perfectly.
All in All this is going to be a favorite of mine I can tell
Yangdu , I thank you for this awesome khuk. Also the cool pin and postcard that came as well. A wonderful extra touch!!

Wow:eek:
That's a beautiful and unique one for sure. Really neat bolster and a fine blade.

Thanks for sharing the cool pics.

:D
Mark

Nice review.

Those certainly are attractive blades for sure.

Looking forward to the performance review.

It seems to have a hollow forged/ground blade. Not the edge but across the whole blade. If you put a pencil across the width of the blade, the center is dished nicely!

Thanks for your review because up until I read it I had not known that the Samsher was hollow forged like the Gelbu Special.

Sure makes for an interesting Khuk to own. :thumbup:

Thank you for the pictures and kind words

Back