1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 3 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Busse Combat Custom Shop Flak Jack, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday January 19!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Congratulations winners! The Week 2 Giveaway has ended over on our YouTube Channel and here are the winners:
    BladeForums Logo Sticker: Impulse600
    BladeForums Velcro Patch: garythegoat
    BladeForums Logo Tshirt: crocgator106
    BladeForums paid subscription upgrade: billygoat78

Darrel Ralph Dominator 35: norcaldude Winners will be contacted by PM / email, so look for my message!

Siberian Slashers: Russian titanium alloy blades

Discussion in 'Mad Science Forge' started by Mecha, Mar 16, 2018.

1. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    PM Mecha its how I got ahold of one. worst he'll say is none left.

Mecha and jstrange like this.
  2. Mecha

Mecha Madscienceforge.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013
    Thank you Jstrange. :] I used to post things for sale here on Bladeforums, but then after a while got caught up in various commissions or requests, some of which have turned into some of the best things I've ever made, but have often been very time consuming, derailing, and worrying. Otherwise, everything else has been spoken for or requested before it could be listed, or a regular customer was kind enough to acquire a blade when asked (very appreciated, fellas). A large number of blades have gone into the vortices of Europe or Florida. Seriously, people from Florida seem to love these things. The Siberian Slasher project was also a total failure at making an "efficient" run of machetes, HA! :D

Having just about caught up with everything, with great delight I can finally work on projects that have been driving me MAD as they dance within my head, taunting to be brought to life, and with them will swiftly come major refinements to all of the blades forever after. Without making the ones that need to be made, there will be almost no progress. So I'm trying to avoid special commissions for now.

What I'm getting at is, there should finally be some up for sale pretty soon, but they will be, uh...abnormal. If you'd like a machete or normal blade tool, then by all means, just ask and I'll do my best!

jstrange, WValtakis and jbmonkey like this.
  3. Mecha

Dec 27, 2013
    I can never get the search function to work!

Yes yes...willpower...

[​IMG]

WValtakis likes this.
  4. Mecha

Dec 27, 2013
    For the reader:

There are two more Siberian Slashers remaining, numbers 7 and 8. Both of them have some unfortunately-placed deep hammer blows midway down the blade on the left flank.

As of now, the rest of the BT23 ti alloy stock is intended for use in two or three ballistic armor vests, one shield, and for the cores of san mai titanium alloy sword billets. There should also be some one-off blades made from it as well, depending on what's left.

jbmonkey likes this.
  5. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    real dumb question, but since this is your sub forum you can, if ya wanted, list them on a thread sticky what have ya on here or no?

Mecha likes this.
  6. Mecha

Dec 27, 2013
    I don't think there would be a problem with it. I think I can do anything I want here up to and including W&C level asshattery! :D

jbmonkey likes this.
  7. jbmonkey

Jun 9, 2011
    .......but no one else can. that makes you a King here.;)

looking forward to what ya got coming out for sale.......

Mecha likes this.
  8. Mecha

Dec 27, 2013
    Yes! King of Mad Science Forge subforum!

Dramatization: an unwitting forumite wanders into Mad Science Forge subforum and asks a question about titanium swords...

WValtakis and jbmonkey like this.