1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

side by side request

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Bill Siegle, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    I was wondering if anyone could post a pic of the Swamprats in a group photo so I can judge the different sizes before deciding which one I want.Thanks in advance :)

2. Eric Isaacson

Eric Isaacson Pirate Pirate

Dec 19, 1999
    Hello Bill,
    Your wish is my command ;)

The two smaller knives have not yet been released but should be very soon. The other 3 are available to order on the website at www.swamprat.com

3. Bobby B

Bobby B No more Mr. Knife-guy

May 18, 2001
    Eric,
    Any chance you could post a side by side pic of a Basic 9 beside a BattleRat? Andrew posted one on the SRKW forum, and it looked as though the BattleRat was a fair bit smaller??? Maybe it's my failing eyesight, all the tears and drool are affecting my focus...:rolleyes:
    Also, what is the blade tickness of the BR and CT? Are they 1/4" like the Ratchet?
    Thanks,
    Rob

4. Bravado

Bravado

Feb 14, 2002
    Thanks for the pic! Nice to be able to see them side
    by side.:)

5. Andrew Lynch

Andrew Lynch

Feb 6, 2000
    Bobby,

The BR is a tad shorter than the BB9, but it is a fair bit "beefier" too, IMHO. A bit larger aspect ratio, and a more forward balance IIRC. The BR and CT are 1/4" thick.

6. Eric Isaacson

Eric Isaacson Pirate Pirate

Dec 19, 1999
    Andrew,
    Thanks for the help. :D

I've recently sold all of my Basics(except B3) to get more Rat's so I don't have them to compare.

And Andrew is correct the BR and CT are both 1/4".

The 2 smaller knives will be 3/16" though. :D:D

7. Bobby B

Bobby B No more Mr. Knife-guy

May 18, 2001
    All the better to slice with...:D