SigTac Rangemaster; Lionsteel Warranty?

I picked up a SigTac Rangemaster knife on eBay some time ago and it has been my hard use knife for a while. I just found out that the knife was made orginally by Lionsteel. :confused: I am a Benchamde fan and have many Benchmade knives. I am accustomed to the Benchmade warranty and lifesharp program.

My question is: Does Lionsteel refreshen thier knives? And would this knife still be considered a Lionsteel knife? This knife that I have is very well used but not abused. It has an outstanding blade that sharpens easily and maintains an edge for a long time. It would be nice to have it taken apart, cleaned and have new washers put in. Any advice or info would be great.

Thanks!

I have a SigTac folder and it says Italy on it with the steel being N690Co from Bohler of Austra.

I don't know if the SigTac is made by LionSteel and it could be Fox Knives or Extrema Ratio also in Italy.

You can contact Gianni of LionSteel at info@lionsteel.it

Just following up on the Rangemaster. I got the reply from Lionsteel. The representative stated that this particular model was made by Fox Cutlery. So off I go to Fox Cutlery. Thanks for the help.

I guess if you buy a product from company X that has the product made by company Y, you have to contact company X for all warranty issues.

For example:

If you buy a Taiwanese Spyderco you are not going to contact the OEM in Taiwan for warranty issues.
If you have a Spyderco Volpe, you contact Spyderco and not Fox.

Try contacting SIG Sauer directly since the knife says SigTac by SIGARMS, INC. - EXTER-NH - U.S.A (used to call themselves SIG Arms back then) on it like mine and nothing on the other side of the balde except ITALY N690Co (country of manufacture and blade steel).

They were the first ones that I tried. The told me that they no longer carried them and that maybe I "could find stuff on the internet to refurbish my knife." :eek: I had heard about problems with Sig's customer service, but I thought that was just for thier guns. Guess not. Anyway, I guess I will try getting some washers online and see how it goes. Wish me luck!

RamZar, you rock :thumbup: Within 10 minutes of sending an email I got a response to send the knife in. Guess I sent the request to the wrong email :foot: Thanks again.

Back