Simonich Auction

ida

It doesn’t seem as though one year has gone by since our friend Rob has passed. He touched so many and I know his spirit is with many of us everyday. Last year, some of Rob’s closest knifemaker friends got together and came up with the idea of making some knives and putting them up for auction, with the proceeds to go to Christine Simonich. I have never seen such a community pull together so quickly to aid another in the time of need.

Knifemakers who have contributed custom knives to this auction include:

Jerry Hossom
Mick Strider
Duane Dwyer
R.W. Clark
Rob Patton
Tom Mayo
Trace Rinaldi

Darrel Ralph also contributed a knife.

Well, the knives are done and we thought that as we approach the anniversary of Rob’s memorial we would do the auction. I will keep track of the auction here and will make an announcement when the auction begins. Thank you all in advance for your support.

I know Trace.. so much has happened in that year too. But the one thing for sure is I miss my friend Rob daily. Can you post that picture of us Trace from last year?

Do you know when and where the auction will take place? How does one look at and bid on the knives?

Thanks,

Kwai Chang

Kwai Chang said:
Do you know when and where the auction will take place? How does one look at and bid on the knives?

Thanks,

Kwai Chang

Kwai,

I will hold the auction the week after Thanksgiving. I will post the pics and the description of the knife in this forum.. All knives have a starting bid of 500.00 I will hold the auction for each knife for 72 hours. Thank you for everyone's support in this Auction :)

Well the time has come to begin the Simonich Auction, with the proceeds to go to Christine Simonich. Jerry (Hossom) :D has been kind enough to also build a web page where you can view the knives . I will start another thread for the auction and wanted to give everyone a heads up that it will begin later on today... Thanks to everyone who has helped make this possible. :)

If you see a knife that you would like to bid on you can by posting on this forum or by calling me at 904-233-9739.

Here is the link http://hossom.com/auction/ Pictures are the courtesy of Mr. Terrill Hoffman.. Thanks for such great pics :)

Good luck to all and happy bidding.

Back