Simonich Bitter Root

I intend buying one of these for two reasons. One for sentimental reasons given Rob's recent passing and Two because I need a neck knife to go with my summer gear. It looks a handy little blade - does anyone have any experience with one?

Great knife. Buy several; you won't regret it.

I got one in talonite and am digging it. I wrapped it real nice with thin paracord and gave it a CRK style lanyard. It really improves the grip on that critter.

Love that 'root!

Anyone know if the bitteroot mid-tech version is available anywhere?

I haven't seen either a MidTech (DLC coated or not) or the rarer Talonite anywhere recently except on the secondary market, after Rob's untimely passing.

I truly love mine -- I had owned it and EDC'ed it for only a few weeks before the man behind the blade passed, and I had truly and sincerely wanted to meet him, shake his hand, and thank him for this most utilitarian neck/backup knife.

It's small enough that sheeple will not get excited about it at all. Combine its diminutive size with its conventional looks and fine lines, I much more often hear remarks of "oh how cute!" rather than "oh #$%&!"

As a last-ditch hideout backup, it's one of the few "mini-knives" in this category that I feel can truly not only function well in that capacity, but can also double-duty as a normal "user" due again to its conventional configuration, with a nice, imminently usable belly.

Allen
aka DumboRAT

I have ordered mine straight from the Simonich site. Christine says she is taking new orders. Anywhere else I have looked I get the message 'sold out' - a tribute to the man and Knifemaker!

I got one a few days after his passing. It is one of the most incredible "pocket" knives I've seen. If I get a second one, I might use it as an EDC. The first one is going into my collection.

I got one in Talonite and loved it. It's hard to appreciate just how small the Bitteroot is until you hold one, but it has an excellent grip and a surprisingly capable blade.

My only problem was that my wife kept borrowing mine. I finally broke down and got her one of her own. So now we're a two Bitteroot family. :)

Thanks, Rob.

--Bob Q

Great little knife. It's everything I was looking for in a neck knife.

Paul

I'm another Bitteroot fan. I got on a few weeks ago and it really is a great little neck knife. Size, material and ergonomics are what I consider perfect for a neck knife.

Since I received my Bitter Root from Rob, I haven't stopped carrying it. It is a very handy knife, super sharp, and its so small you will sometimes forget its around your neck.

Back