Simonich User/collections

:cool:

First, I can't say enough good things about Rob. He is first class all the way. That being said, I would like to see this forum grow, so I will add my share with one of those silly threads on,

"Do you use your Simonich knives?"

My answer: Hell yeah! As often as possible

"What do you have in your collection? Are they Mid-tech or Simonich customs?"

I have:
- 1 Raven, plain

- 1 Urban Raven, plain (will get a DLC coated one soon!)

- 2 Crowfeet, one satin, one DLC coated

- 1 Bitteroot (will get a DLC coated one soon!)

I want:
- 1 Raven, one DLC coated, kinda' dig the green! :cool:

- A custom that Rob knows about ;)

OK, fellow Simonich owner/users answer up!

I enjoy using mine! :D
Three of them are in my avatar, which has been the same for a long time, and remains the same on the date of this post.

(If you do not see three Simonich Talonite knives, it might have changed.)

I came back to edit this to say that I see them, and if you have not figured it out yet because of the relatively small size, from L to R they are, Aurora, Kanji, and Pikuni.

There is some discussion of them here:
Simonich knives, various ramblings

Knifenut Forums maintained by Joe Chen in Taiwan

but you have to be a member, which is rather tricky unless you know Chinese (I don't) or get some help from Joe Chen. Once you are a member and he adjusts your settings to English it gets a little easier. I tried a link to an image in that thread, but since it did not work, I am removing it. You can also see some pictures of another Kanji, number 50/50 in that thread.

:)

Donald,

Nice pic, could you post a larger size? Are those customs or Mid-tech?

In regards to Mid-tech, what is the differences? I know they are not customs, but doesn't Rob make these also?

Thanks

:D

Ronin,
They are customs. I tried to link to a larger picture, but it did not seem to work. The picture link, as I edited to mention, does work for me if I pasted it in my browser, to go there. That may be, however, because I logged in to find the thread.

I don't get to that forum too often, because there is a limited amount of English used, but the members are nice and also have some great knives. Joe Chen is a great guy and makes a fine Kydex sheath!!!

Regards,
Donald

I used to have a Raven with Bandbreaker (mid tech) which served as my field knife for a few months.But, when a friend of mines younger brother headed over to the sandbox, I sent it with him (young good 11B that needed a good knife). He is still there, by a letter I recieved from him 10 days ago, said it could really take some abuse. I am giving him the knife, so I will have to get another from Rob, oh well;)

Spearpoint Raven, DLC-coated Crowfoot and Bitteroot on the way (a week, right Rob?).

Crowfoot is my EDC @ 2-3 times a week; have yet to use the Raven; new child, rainy weather, new job have all occupied TOO much potential outdoor time. Soon, I hope.

Poor me, I've only got one, a Mid-Tech Raven -- it's in my fixed blade outdoor rotation. :D

It gets used hard, and still looks no worse for the wear. I just bought a new grinder, and sold one of my trucks, so it looks like it might be time for some more knives.

You ever notice that you rarely ever see a Simonich for sale in the Knife Exchange?

Got a well used and loved Nordooh! (Back when Rob's wait time was 2 months!)

Glad to see these blades are mostly working blades! I just use up the cosmetic 2nds and when I am ready for a change I take the one I have been packing to destruction.

I've got a Pikuni from da'Man, a 154CM Talon from Camillus, and a Talonite Talon from Camillus. All are under constant use from either myself or my wife.

Got to have a Chinook in S30V someday, just got to. :D

I have a couple of customs, which i love. I'd love a whole bunch more, custom and production. Outstanding knives IMHO. I originally bought my customs for using but I vaccillated in using one and when the Midtechs took over i put that one away as a collector in case Rob never makes any more [:(]. The knives all cry out to be used, which is a tribute to the design and the designer. And they look so gooood...:)

I found a custom hawksbill Crowfoot for my wife. She's carried it a little but not really used it.

I have 2 mid tech Ravens 1 proto..(mid tech) (gotit by accident) and one with a band breaker.I carry the band breaker on a regular basis. We really don't need to break the banding on most ammo crates, you just twist the lead seal a few times and lift the loop with a swisstool. But you do for TOW crates, and those we tend to need fast. The Raven is a damn fine design for a soldier. (hey someone forward this to natick)

When I was swappin' around to get my paws on one, Mr. Simonich sent me an email offering to help me out if I couldn't make a trade. I made one(N.O. + an atc hawk)but the fact that the maker made an offer like that is just hooah.

edit for clarity

Originally posted by SPATHA
...The Raven is a damn fine design for a soldier. (hey someone forward this to natick)... Mr. Simonich sent me an email offering to help me out if I couldn't make a trade. I made one(N.O. + an atc hawk)but the fact that the maker made an offer like that is just hooah.

Just another example of the quality & design of Simonich knives and of Rob's patriotism. :D

Alright boys, this thread is doing pretty good, but we need some pics!

:cool:

Rob is a good friend and a hell of a maker (and drinking buddy :cool: ).

I regularly carry a "Talisman" neck knife that Rob made up special for me a few years back and a couple of Pikunis, one in D2/Carbon Fiber and one in Talonite/Blue Bone.

I spent some dirt time with Rob in the Idaho Wilderness... I can add my kudos for a great man making good in the world...

My knives:

Use: Yes... :)

SRT with Parasite
SRT w/o Parasite
Aurora - One-off with 8.75" clip point/survival kit in handle. (My fav)
Talonite Kanji - 17/50
Camillas Talonite Talon

Use: HELL NO! :eek:

The original Raven Proto - In A2

Bill

Back