SimpleActsofGood

Petunia D. Feeble

I once waved at Stevie Wonder…
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Today I started the SimpleActsofGood account on IG and twitter.com/SimpleActofGood as a sort of ongoing journal of my daily, simple acts of good.

I'm embarking on the challenge to find at least one good deed to do daily and document it as a way to teach and inspire my kids and my son's cub scout troop to recognize and take advantage of little opportunities to make the world a better place.

They don't have to be cliches like helping an elderly person cross the street or giving to charity, though those things should be done when the opportunity presents as well.

Too often we leave something for someone else to deal with when a small investment of time, effort or money on our part could have a huge positive impact on someone else.

I'll post my daily #Simpleactsofgood here each day as well in hopes of inspiring others to do the same.

Today I picked up whatever this is off of the highway:
IMG_20171013_182401_717.jpg

It was just beyond the crest of a hill in the opposing lane. A driver in that lane would have almost no time to react and this would've most certainly done some damage.

60 seconds worth of time spent turning around and pulling it off of the road potentially saved thousands in damage for some unlucky driver. Maybe even lives if the worst should have happened.

Should anyone want to support my son's scout troop and enjoy some delicious popcorn or other snacks please do so here:

https://www.trails-end.com/scout/1S0QG69F?p_id=4c9d5cc6-aaef-11e7-96e5-128616d27208&s_id=1S0QG69F

Sounds like a good way to teach young people ... much better then just words ... I hope some of them pick up on it ... its nice to see someone understanding even though you may not realise it ... you could be a big influence and role model to someone. :thumbsup: For your efforts.

nice. inspiring the youngins pays huge dividends that reverberate in ways we usually never see. cheers to your mentor(s). (also - what in the heck is that thing?) :)

nice. inspiring the youngins pays huge dividends that reverberate in ways we usually never see. cheers to your mentor(s). (also - what in the heck is that thing?) :)

I'm really not sure what it is. I think maybe it's a corner brace for a flatbed trailer? The bracket pressure fits onto a standard board, which seems to indicate the boards are disposable... but I'm really just guessing.

20171014_193528.jpg

A minor act for sure, but it made someone smile.

Our poor server at lunch had our little table of 2 and one giant table of 15+.

These folks took up half the restaurant and ALL of this poor girl's tables for an hour or more and tipped a whopping $10. Not $10 each mind you, $10 for the whole table. She was visibly upset. I overcompensated a little.

You want your order correct, drinks refilled, food out quickly and delivered with a smile? They want lights, water, shelter and healthcare.

These people clearly didn't even bother with the percentage, but even 15% isn't always appropriate. Water and appetizers are cheap, but if you sit there all bloody day try to account for that in your tip.

Servers are people too!

29-Mark-9-41-300x250.gif

I'm not Christian. I'm not religious at all actually, but I rather like this verse. Pulled from its spiritual trappings it's just as powerful. If not even more so. Provide, when he is in need, for your fellow man and you will be rewarded.

Today I saw a poor man embarrassed. He misread a sign in a shop and brought to the cash register a pair of drinks that he couldn't afford. He'd thought they were on sale.

When he went back out to the car to look for some loose change I quietly paid for his drinks along with my item and then left. He didn't have to swallow his pride and accept charity. He didn't have to be gracious and his companion never need know of the event.

Hopefully some day he'll remember the anonymous kindness and pay it forward.

I like this.

I always try to do nice things for the world and other people, so following for sure.

I'm not finacially strong enough to give 13$ tips but i did donate blood for the first time 2 weeks ago and i intend to keep doing that.

Good on you, Bryce! I try to do right by people and do something nice when I can. Simple things like opening doors for others, helping coworkers solve problems, letting people go in traffic, etc. can make a difference in someone's day. Do unto others sort of thing.
Just yesterday a coworker was pressed for time on completing two jobs at the end of the day. He told me I could take one of them, but instead I basically did 75% of it for him until he was able to complete it. I would have made $50 but instead just let him take the whole pay.

IMG_20171021_143522_088.jpg

My two oldest. I'm their stepdad. Their bio dad was supposed to take them to the park today... supposed to. Good news is that meant I got to take them instead.

Lots of green in this photo. Lots of rocks, trees, blue skies and nature. Lots of happy... and NO TRASH. The city does a good job here, but we still picked up a few pieces so that everyone could enjoy the scenery.

I like this.

I always try to do nice things for the world and other people, so following for sure.

I'm not finacially strong enough to give 13$ tips but i did donate blood for the first time 2 weeks ago and i intend to keep doing that.

Pfft, that's in a whole different league my friend. Anybody on the receiving end of a blood donation is, or at least should be, far more grateful than this waitress was I'm sure.

I'm not always in a position to tip that generously either, but it's nice when opportunity and ability come together like that.

20171014_193528.jpg

A minor act for sure, but it made someone smile.

Our poor server at lunch had our little table of 2 and one giant table of 15+.

These folks took up half the restaurant and ALL of this poor girl's tables for an hour or more and tipped a whopping $10. Not $10 each mind you, $10 for the whole table. She was visibly upset. I overcompensated a little.

You want your order correct, drinks refilled, food out quickly and delivered with a smile? They want lights, water, shelter and healthcare.

These people clearly didn't even bother with the percentage, but even 15% isn't always appropriate. Water and appetizers are cheap, but if you sit there all bloody day try to account for that in your tip.

Servers are people too!
I work in the food servive industry and when I go out I tip 20% if the service is good. I get appreciation and good service. And some perks on my next visit.
Good on ya for making that servers day!

A server has to mess up pretty bad to get less than 20% from me...I think it has happened only once this year...and, if the service is really excellent (or, sometimes, if I am just in a really good mood) they get 25, 30 or even 35%...I had many years when I was younger where I couldn’t afford even a 10% tip so I try to make up for it now...

Cheers/bg

My wife just called, the woman in front of her in a black truck payed for her order at Taco Bell. She had six of our kids so I am sure it was at least $25. The worker said she does it all the time.
My wife and children pick up at least a ton of food bank surplus fruit and vegetables almost every week. She sets up a food pantry at an addictin program and delivers to big families and elderly. We have ten children (eight adopted) and twenty grandchildren. If I can teach them to focus on others and the satisfaction and happiness in giving their lives will be much richer.

Last edited:
My wife just called, the woman in front of her in a black truck payed for her order at Taco Bell. We have six kids so I am sure it was at least $25. The worker said she does it all the time.
My wife and children pick up at least a ton of food bank surplus fruit and vegetables almost every week. She sets up
Cool beans. I do that sometimes too. I wish I had means to do it more.

Yesterday I spotted a guy trying to tow an old jeep around the corner and down the alley with a tow strap. Normally not a terribly difficult task... if you've someone to steer the jeep.

I hopped out, helped him get it out of someone's yard and then steered the thing for him while he towed it to its destination. Took 3 minutes of my time to save him much more in time and potentially damage.

The good deed opportunities are easy to come by, time to blog about them seems harder to find though.

Nice Bryce, my wife had a kindness done a few months back, going through the drive through at a Wendy's the car ahead told the cashier that they'd buy the car coming up behind, my wife's, so when she got there, the cashier person said. "all set, the other person paid your bill in full..."

My wife was quite surprised and thankful as even a little helps now a day.

G2

Today I forced a good deed on my stepson. I volunTOLD him as my wife likes to say.

I picked him and his sister up from school after lunch to go get their flu shots and as we were leaving one of the ladies in the faculty was trying to carry one too many gift baskets to her car. After she dropped it I made sure he went over and helped her ferry them out to her vehicle.

Sometimes when I pick up pizza I'll pay for someone thats eating inside. I try to pick out someone that looks like they need it/would appreciate it the most. There's an Army base not to far away so sometimes it's military personnel. They don't know it until they're done. I feel good doing it. The cashier enjoys it and I do cover a healthy tip.

Last edited:
Not something that happend recently but i still like to add it to this topic.

I work in a store that among many things has a photo printing service.

One morning a man came in to pic up his photo's. I was a the register so i got his photo's and enterted them in the register,
4.50€ or something nothing crazy.
At that moment the man got worried and asked if i was sure they werend payed for already.
He told me the photo's were for his wedding and he didn't have money on him.
He was actually on his way to get in his suit right after and didn't have time to get his wallet.

So i gave him his photo's and told him i'd pay for them in my break " my wedding gift to you, have a great day"

He was so happy he wanted to come back the day after to pay me back.
Ofcourse i told him he shouln't worry about it and enjoy his wedding.

Funny thing is a few weeks later a woman came in to buy a couple items. after looking at my name tag she asked if i was the guy that gave her husband the photo's.

Turns out he was so happy he told a lot of people about it at the wedding.

But it didn't end there, fast foreward to a few days ago.

I was helping an older woman with her photo's.
After a minute or so she asked 'are you max, marc or..' Bas? ' oh yes, you helped my son a few months ago with his photo's for the wedding! "

Well the're now expecting a baby and are happily married.

A small gesture that went very far.

Back