Sirus-ly, 110 who?

Feelin' like I just stole lunch money from the kid in the short yellow bus. Ya know, like, hey I got the money, but that was tight.
Well, my right hand is hurtin' (and it ain't for the same reason from when I was 13 years old :rolleyes: ).

Been playing with the Sirus all day. The liner lock is tight...not a bad thing for normal use, but my thumb is sore....I must have opened/closed this puppy at least a hundred times today. It's like that movie "Toy Story" where the other toys feel neglected...my 111 BrokeBackMountain three dot and 110 kids are feeling neglected.

So, anyway, in doing this self abuse, I have found the "sweet spot" on where the blade extracts quickly and the safety is not loose.

My question is, can I take the hex head out and put in a drop of loc-tite or contact cement to keep the pivot where I like it best? My concern is that the Sirus will fall apart like the watches I used to take apart as a kid if I take the hex out for a drop of gorilla snot.

Any answers/thoughts/guidance/money appreciated.

Goose.
BCCI 1190

As long as you only remove the male side of the pivot screw and leave the female side in the knife you won't' have any problems. Oh, and have the knife open when you take the screw out so that the tension on the opening springs is at it's lowest. It won't fall apart.

MaxFisher said:
As long as you only remove the male side of the pivot screw and leave the female side in the knife you won't' have any problems. Oh, and have the knife open when you take the screw out so that the tension on the opening springs is at it's lowest. It won't fall apart.
Thanks MaxFisher...

It's so easy, a caveman can do it!

Backed off the hex a bit so that it opens a bit quicker and still retains adequate safety. OPENed blade...turned the hex out and counted turns, dropped in a drop of snot, turned the hex back in the counted turns, dried, and it works great.

Thanks Again...
Goose.
BCCI 1190

Ha ha...I'm here giving lessons to you pros on how to put on a drop of contact cement. What a maroon!!!! Someday, I too, will be a Jedi :)

I don't have much of an appetite, thank you...
Goose.
BCCI 1190