SKARB sharpener

I just got a "SKARB" sharpener ( www.skarb.com) through a trade. It is brand new, never used but does look like a professional unit. Have any of you guys ever used this sharpener. If so are there any things about the sharpener that I should be aware of. What are the pluses and minuses of this unit. Feel free to e-mail me at joedot@swbell.net with any direct questions.

Checked out the site... didnt thrill me much. Im sticking to my Spyderco Sharpmaker :)

Never saw one before. Thanks for the link, it's pretty interesting. The only thing I can see being an issue is dishing softer stones. Look forward to reading about your results with it.

The one thing I am already liking about the Skarb is the fact that you can use your own choice of stones. I lot of these fixed angle sharpeners are made to use a proprietary stone in which the maker of the device also profits. With this unit you can use whatever your heart desires.

I have a couple of old very choice quality "blue-black" hard Arkansas Stones that I like to put a final edge on big blades with that I can utilize with the unit. But thanks so far for your feedbacks. Oh!! I too also like the Spyderco 204 Sharpmaker. As of right now it is the one I use the most. :thumbup:

Back