Skif Knives from Ukraine

Saw a Demolition Ranch vid on YouTube were the star was using a Skif folder . They use 5Cr13M to CPM-D2 steel. Folders, fixed blades and OTF's. www.skif-knives.com/en . Very similar base models to Kershaw.
Anyone have any experience with their knives?

Essentially these are in large part Chinese models, manufactured in China knives, under Ukrainian hat.
Same market scheme as Steel Will and Gekko knives, a company going on foreign market with mostly affordable Chinese or little bit more expensive, else manufactured models. Gekko have some Italian made models, Skif as far as I'm aware are completely Chinese made knives, slightly modified copies of successful models of some other big knife companies, mixed with few original designs, most of them built just for a target market, without any specific purpose (IMO). As knives they are ok, I'm personally not impressed but whatever flys your kite after all... :D:thumbsup:

I'm a video marketing sucker. Bought many knives after seeing them displayed. I really don't like China knives but the U.S. Models I always keep.

I don't care if they are made in China or Tanzania, I just don't like when they copy other designs.
All companies that I mentioned have some original designs that are not bad for the money, I can't speak for others, but for me it'll be another knife that I will hardly use.
There are many Chinese companies, managed by chinese, that make very nice knives, few have reps in this forum, to mention Kizer, Reate and so on... I purchased Ruike knife in one of the recent gun shows and I'm happy with it but it's just a good looking knife, I would not push it as I do with my Grips or CS knives, it's appealing but not well thought as models that came from companies that put time and money in R&D and not releising models just to make few bucks on a big market as the US, IMO.

KQYgVq.jpg

When I saw "SKIF" I was thinking meeting room for high stakes secret information . . . in Uraine perhaps only one comes out alive . . .
errrr
This knife ?
IMG_4307.jpg IMG_4310.jpg

bumping this thread since in fact the demo guy (matt) bought the skif company

i find it sad

Back