• STOP USING PAYPAL FRIENDS & FAMILY
    Please, help us prevent you getting ripped off because someone got their account compromised by reusing their email & password. Read the new best practices for using the Exchange FAQ page.

Skirmish, Rukus, 710 or Chinook for SD?

How does the skirmish and rukus compare to the 710 and chinook? How are the handles and blade shape for the skirmish and rukus for SD purposes? Which blade would be ideal for SD overall?

How does the skirmish and rukus compare to the 710 and chinook? How are the handles and blade shape for the skirmish and rukus for SD purposes? Which blade would be ideal for SD overall?

You do realize your going to get answers like this one, right?

None of the above are good for SD. As a last ditch weapon, yeah maybe, but you need a .45ACP loaded with Winchester Ranger RA9T 230 Gr or maybe SPEER 230 gr. Gold Dot HP's. I find an H&K USP works for me where a rifle wouldn't be socially prudent.:p

The answer you seek is that you need to go and put each knife in yer mitts and decide from there. They are all very capable folders it's up to you to decide which fits your hand best for your intended purposes.

For intimidation factor I think the large curved blade on the Chinook of the drop point one on the 710 and Rukus would probably be better...

Are you trained in self-defence with a blade?

If you are, what style of blade fits your style of training/fighting?
Perhaps saying what grip you prefer for fighting would give the right folks the information they need to give you proper feedback.

If you are not, see .45 response by misque.

Back