Slaytanic Custom Handle & Coating

[Photos below]

I'm trying to talk Slaytanic into going into business for himself. He could use some prodding from you guys. This guy rocks!

This started out as a stock Buck Intrepid and Slaytanic turned it into a pretty freakin' killer tactical with custom Green Micarta handles and Titanium Aluminum Nitrade coating that's hard as diamonds and looks fantastic.

The Coating is a reddish black flake looking coating that looks great with the Green Micarta. He has a family member with a coating business - how convenient! This is the nicest coating I've ever seen on a knife. I can't wait to see how well it holds up. My sheath does rub against the knife pretty well on the inside and even with some grit in the sheath it hasn't damaged the coating. With all that sea water we have here in Colorado, I'll really need the corrosion-resistance.

I LOVE the way he cuts grooves in the edges of the Micarta handles. This is his own design and I hope he gets recognized for it before somebody steals it. He could start a business doing this in his spare time and quickly earn enough money to buy a grinder and start putting them on his OWN knives. I can think of a million factory knives that would be GREAT with this handle. Am I right?

He also fashioned me a custom tool for removing the strange handle screws. Totally pro. Looks like it could've been made by Craftsman Tools. I forgot to include it in the photos, though.

About the other items in the photos:

-The Browning Hi-Power is pimped by me. (Mostly internal.) I fitted a Cylinder&Slide extended safety, beveled the mag well, replaced the slide stop, polished ramp and throat, black micarta thin-grips, Cylinder&Slide custom engraved grip screws, removed the mag safety, did a complete action job by polishing internals and recutting sear and spring job. It has a glass-rod trigger break at 4 lbs. and runs 100%. Old World Leather thumb-break.

-The Greg Lightfoot Max Velocity is one of my favorite custom folders. Check how the 0.15" thick blade stays full thickness all the way to the point. This is one tough knife. (even if dwarfed by the massive 0.25" thickness of the Intrepid.) I think I could pry that Little Debbie Brownie out of your momma's hand with either one of these knives.

-The SOG Powerlock is from a special military order I picked up somewhere I can't remember. Came with black TiNi coat. I took out the main blade and a couple other things I didn't want and purchased sissors and a couple other tools I'd rather have directly from SOG, so it's custom too.

-Luminox Navy Seal w/Rhino Band looks like a freakin' UFO in a darkened movie theatre.

-Flannel shirt (standard Colorado issue)

And without further ado...

Great pics & thanks for the nice words!! BTW - don't know if I'm ready to give up my day job yet :D

Darrell...................

:D Keep Supporting real Metal!!

Someone should post a warning:YOU'LL NEED A BIB WHILE ON THIS THREAD!!!
Really sweet job. :thumbup: :cool: :thumbup:
Now I need to dry my keyboard.

Yeah Darrell is an awsome guy, and it doesn't surprise me that such a awsome dude is freakin' talented as well! (It's the metal it makes you awsome!) :D
Great work Darrell!

Back