Slight used villager Khukuri for 6/28

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Today I took this Khukuri with me and cut some unwanted tree branches and weeds around the house and it served me well.

17 inch 20 ounce villager fit and finish Khukuri by Ram Kumar. Bamboo root handle. Natural leather sheath. Nice and sharp rig at 100 even. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Email to [email protected] to order
    First come firs served

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    EricTheRedBeard and oldmanwilly like this.
  2. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Email sent on this one. Fingers crossed. Old school frog on that scabbard!!

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  3. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Wow! That one is a beauty Pugs! Hope you get it!

4. pugs75

Oct 21, 2009
    Me Too man, thanks.

5. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    I hope you get it! Beautiful sheath on that one!

6. pugs75

Oct 21, 2009
    Got the done deal!! Thanks fellas for the good karma, this one was singing to me, especially after Eric praised Ram Kumar's magic blades.

7. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    I'm glad you got the DD. It seems very traditional old school. Even looks like it might be a 3/4 tang? I can't see but there might be a butt plate on there? Kind of looks like the love child of a villager utility knife and an officer model with the feel of those old Nepal Army surplus khuks david99 was talking about the other day. Please let us know what you think after you get it!

8. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Grats on a beauty Pugs. Thats a sweet piece of bamboo root! Yeah I like those traditional frogs too.

9. pugs75

Oct 21, 2009
    Well she came the other day, I am really liking it. Feels great in hand, very well balanced and comfortable. Eric it is a 3/4 tang, good eye brother. Normally that would concern me but it feels solid as a rock.
    The shape of the blade screams old school and I’m a big fan of the villager finish, sometimes it’s really hard for me to use a highly polished blade cause there so purty. I am in the process of cleaning up the handle a bit, a little smoothing and cleaning.
    The bamboo handle is really nice, at first it looked dirty to me but I realized it’s just very porous kinda veiny, lots of water flows through them. I gave it a mineral oil soak overnight and now in the process of a linseed oil finish. Going to put a few coats on and call it done.
    The scabbard is really nice, it has an old school style to it. Been a day since I saw a frog in this style, split loop. A few years ago I made a few like this for a customer who wanted this style for his scabbards. If ya can’t tell fellas, overall I am very happy with this one. I will post some pics when it’s finished up.