1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Slysz Bowie... just couple of additional shots

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by PiterM, Mar 13, 2014.

1. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    If there's any knife I've wanted real bad, its this one!

2. Dr Heelhook

Dr Heelhook Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Damn, it's nice.

3. Bimmer1

Bimmer1 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2000
    Me too...... And the Spyderco/Burch Chubby!!!!!

4. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    Great looking knife!

5. Rare blade

Rare blade

Sep 21, 2013
    just thought i would bump this up to the top so it was easy to find for me to admire.

6. Liquid Cobra

Liquid Cobra

Feb 17, 2013
    The Military is not discontinued nor is the left handed model. Sal has stated that the left handed model is not discontinued, but simply made in batches when they can fit it into their busy schedule.

7. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Spyderco should change their website then. http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=425

8. Liquid Cobra

Liquid Cobra

Feb 17, 2013
    I'm just telling you what the man said. It was recent enough. Search the spyderco forum.

9. Vegas Blade

Vegas Blade

Feb 9, 2012
    This looks like it will be my first foray into CTS-XHP. I DIG it!! Lately I have been packing my Millies a bunch. This one could earn a spot in the rotation. Thanks Spyderco!! :)

10. Humint

Humint

Apr 1, 2011
    Absolute dream knife!

11. NoFair

NoFair

Jun 30, 2006
    I'd prefer a bladeshape more like the Techno, but otherwise it looks perfect. Will get one when they are released

12. DeadFall27

DeadFall27 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2011
    Perfect and holy heck is it gorgeous. I want to get my hands on this one. If I miss out, I will curl up in a ball and cry....and then wait for the lil' lionspy for a consolation prize...:D

Anyone know how long the wait will be until we can start ordering/preordering?

13. knolan

knolan

Apr 23, 2013
    At least one online dealer is stating 4thQ 2014 for stock.

14. DeadFall27

DeadFall27 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2011
    Really? Who? I dont want to miss out this time, too many new releases have gotten past me...

15. knolan

knolan

Apr 23, 2013
    GP and Blade HQ are both showing it as a future item for later this year.

16. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Very nice.
    I hope to see a tanto version.

17. chrisk91

chrisk91

Oct 14, 2013
    This looks amazing. Hoping for a 3.3ish inch blade and a weight around 5 ounces. Under $200 please, and I'd buy two!

18. knolan

knolan

Apr 23, 2013
    Wouldn't hold your breath on that wish since it's a collab knife w/Marcin Slysz and they'll try and remain as true to the original as possible.

19. ARMYOf1

ARMYOf1 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Thanks for the pictures, I haven't wanted a new Spyderco as bad as this one in a long time!

20. FishingFool

FishingFool

Nov 29, 2010
    What's the anticipated msrp? For those that have handled the knife where does your fingers and thumb end up after initially drawing from the pocket?