Small 21 lockup

DSCF0540.jpg

Thoughts?

-Freq

That is about how mine locks up. It hasn't moved at all, at least in the first couple of months of use.

I have a well-used 1998ish regular that looks just about exactly like that. No worries here.

same here. later is better. you could get 15 years out of that bayby yet.

This is a brand new knife FYI. I'm not saying there is an issue, I've heard people discuss it so I'm just wondering what you guys think. I plan on asking CRK, but they are closed for the day.

-Freq

That is what I call secure lockup. I like it very much I have handled one that locks like yours and have no complaints.

As long as the lock tab isn't touching the opposite face and there isn't any blade movement, you're good.

is it new? if it's new maybe you should send it in. otherwise if it's not causing trouble it probably is OK, can't hurt to email CRK.

My Small 21 locks up very similar to that and I am thrilled. The more lock up, the more secure I feel.

If it bothers you, try this.
1.Close knife, losten all screws to just barely snug.
2.Grasp one handle slab, and bring it down sharply on the desktop, striking only the OTHER handle slab.
3.Hold the knife then tighten all screrws back to normal.
4. Some Sebs respond to this. Mine do!
This will not hurt anything either way.:)

i wouldnt worry about it, because if it eventually does go all the way over or develops any blade play, you can always have them fix it up.

that's actually pretty normal.

Mine was around the same amount, and i noticed with a couple of weeks in as it breaks in, the lockbar gets to a sweet spot. here's mine:
4795157599_20abb46a6f_z.jpg

EDIT:See post #26 for the lockup on my 3 day old Insingo.

Last edited:
Mine is about the same too. Its about two years old.

Why worry at 100%?

Well...other than the desktop... ;) :D

If it bothers you, try this.
1.Close knife, losten all screws to just barely snug.
2.Grasp one handle slab, and bring it down sharply on the desktop, striking only the OTHER handle slab.
3.Hold the knife then tighten all screrws back to normal.
4. Some Sebs respond to this. Mine do!
This will not hurt anything either way.:)

I don't see anything wrong with the lockup on that Sebenza...

Why do people worry if the lock bar locks at nearly 100%??? As long as there's no blade play I don't see any reason to be concerned. This is the third or fourth thread about lockup in the last couple of weeks...all of them looked just fine. I think people get so caught up in the whole 'lock up at 100%" deal that they don't realize their knives are in perfect working order. The only reason to get in touch with CRK is if your Seb develops blade play.

Back