1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Small Decorated BG-42 Sebenza - Price Check Allowed??

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by KTMADV, Mar 5, 2012.

1. KTMADV

KTMADV

Feb 23, 2010
    Nib Small decorated BG-42 sebenza. They are looking for $500 , price high or just about right.

2. kaosu04

kaosu04

Apr 26, 2005
    Depends on what kind of decorations. A decorated small sebenza starts at 425, and goes on up to 900+. BG42 typically seems to add to the desirability.

3. dalefuller

dalefuller Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Like kaosu04 said, CGG Sebbies do get a bit higher price. The BG42 is what will add the most value, though. From the recent BG42 sales I've seen on BF, $500 is probably average or even a bit low, especially if it really is NIB. That means you should get the birth certificate, box, wrench, etc. Then, if it's a BG42 "regular" Sebenza rather than "Classic", that's even better to most of the serious BG42 collectors.

4. KTMADV

KTMADV

Feb 23, 2010
    Here ya go , Anodized Designs w/ 6 Ray Star Garnet Cabochon Inlay.

5. wolf5391

wolf5391

Sep 23, 2010
    Id say thats a good price. But its really up to you how much its worth

6. DallasSTB

DallasSTB Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2009
    I think I've seen the one you're describing, and it's a beautiful knife. IMO it is fairly priced if the box and card are missing. It's probably underpriced some if it has everything it originally came with - box, card, etc.

Btw, if it really is a 6-point star garnet then it's a little more special. Those are fairly rare.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  7. onlooker96

onlooker96 Banned BANNED

Jan 3, 2010
    I'd say pay what it's worth to you.

8. dinokay

dinokay Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 9, 2007
    For some people $500.00 is a lot of money, for others it's not that much, You decide if it's worth it for you. I will tell you that BG-42 is special and worth the extra $ because of the Rockwell being around 61 (making it razor sharp). It just feels good IMHO.

9. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    If you pass on it please give me their contact info.