Small Decorated BG-42 Sebenza - Price Check Allowed??

Nib Small decorated BG-42 sebenza. They are looking for $500 , price high or just about right.

Depends on what kind of decorations. A decorated small sebenza starts at 425, and goes on up to 900+. BG42 typically seems to add to the desirability.

Like kaosu04 said, CGG Sebbies do get a bit higher price. The BG42 is what will add the most value, though. From the recent BG42 sales I've seen on BF, $500 is probably average or even a bit low, especially if it really is NIB. That means you should get the birth certificate, box, wrench, etc. Then, if it's a BG42 "regular" Sebenza rather than "Classic", that's even better to most of the serious BG42 collectors.

I think I've seen the one you're describing, and it's a beautiful knife. IMO it is fairly priced if the box and card are missing. It's probably underpriced some if it has everything it originally came with - box, card, etc.

Btw, if it really is a 6-point star garnet then it's a little more special. Those are fairly rare.

Last edited:
For some people $500.00 is a lot of money, for others it's not that much, You decide if it's worth it for you. I will tell you that BG-42 is special and worth the extra $ because of the Rockwell being around 61 (making it razor sharp). It just feels good IMHO.

Back