Small fixed blade EDC

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by jackknife, Nov 18, 2005.

1. chazz

chazz

Mar 15, 2005
    if i was you and i had money i would go with one of the smaller busses.

2. Blackwatch

Blackwatch

Dec 19, 2000
    I'll second Bark River: Mini, Mikro, Mikro II, OMF are all pocketable, sturdy, and sharp.

3. Hateman

Hateman Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2000
    jackknife,
    Another vote for the Bark River Micros, Mini's and new Slither's.

Frosts (at Ragweed Forge) may have something in your size range, too.

4. donovan

donovan

Oct 4, 1998
    The A G Russell Woodswalker comes with a leather sheath meant to fit into a pocket. Nice knife and a nice little set-up.

Jack

5. Mongo

Mongo

Nov 5, 2001
    I'll fourth the Bark Rivers, I have a mini Canadian that would fit the bill. I can't believe nobody has mentioned Bob Dozier yet. I have a straight personal, and think it is one of the best knives out there period. Blade length is sub 3" and it is a pure cutter. Mr. Dozier has a couple of other fine small fixed blades; Arkansas traveler, personal, straight personal, bird and trout, canoe, whittler, and probably others. check out www.dozierknives.com

6. cpirtle

cpirtle Leathercrafter Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 28, 2001
    There are literally a ton of great options in the small fixed blade range, just depends on what you want to spend.

I would suggest looking for something you like and then contacting a good sheathmaker to do a clipped pouch sheath for it.

I have a nice damasteel wharncliffe from Jeff Diotte that is very comfortable in a pocket sheath.

Prttey much anything under 6" OAL can be pocketed if it's of a small design (as opposed to something with thick handles, a guard etc..)

I also pocket carry an Allen Blade Talonite Chipmunk frquently in a pocket sheath I made. This little knife has been through hell and back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you can find one the Dozier Razorback is also a great choice. They were an exclusive run for Kifeart but I wouldn't be surprised if a post in the Wanted section could turn one up.