Pictures here! Small Guy Group Buy Work In Progress

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by ndmiller, Jul 10, 2019.

1. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    fotki is broken at the moment

2. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Thanks, Phillip ;) The black ash burl looks great, but the DIW is still a favorite of mine. Always cool seeing the scales come together....

3. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Im off today but Fisher was nice enough to clean up and flatten the scales for me & send this pic
    [​IMG]

Cdmayhem, Lady1911 and Warrior108 like this.
  4. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]

5. Lady1911

Jan 31, 2018
    You just turned my very crappy day into a happy one!! Even though there’s not much fanfare over the Small Guys, I really love seeing this group buy happen, and it’s always exciting seeing the WIP pics. Thanks, @VANCE! :D

VANCE likes this.
  6. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Thanks for the photo update. Man that Osage looks lonely.........how the mighty have fallen......

VANCE and Lady1911 like this.
  7. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    :):thumbsup:

8. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    caught these as I was walking out the door yesterday
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lady1911 likes this.
  9. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Warrior108, NoRest and Lady1911 like this.
  10. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lady1911 likes this.
  11. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cdmayhem and Lady1911 like this.
  12. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    4 down
    [​IMG]

Lady1911 and fatboyclone like this.
  13. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]

Cdmayhem, Lady1911 and fatboyclone like this.
  14. Lady1911

Jan 31, 2018
    That DIW Lil Lady is gorgeous!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D:D

Nbrackett and VANCE like this.
  15. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Black ash burl not to shabby either.

Lady1911, Nbrackett and VANCE like this.
  16. Hulk2e

Hulk2e

Dec 18, 2014
    Thanks for the pics, Phillip. The runts look amazing. I’m excited.

Lady1911 and VANCE like this.
  17. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Quite a few of these look like they’re going to have a scandi grind. Are they kind of like dogs where, regardless of breed, they all look the same when first born?

18. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    No scandis...most time they have had the heat treat remenants ground off the primary bevels prior to glue up..with the fact that Andy and I are the only full timers, they all dont always get the scale removed prior now

19. Lady1911

Jan 31, 2018
    You ain’t kidding....it was tough for me to decide between DIW and BABurl. Looks like either one would have been a winner!