Small inkosi lockup

i know this has been beat to death and everyone has different opinions but I wanted to get some opinions on the lockup on my inkosi. Just received it today and it is brand new. The lockup is late but solid. Would you send it back or not. Looks to be 90% to me

ThanksIMG_1480.JPG

My 21 was almost 100 perfect and have zero problems, if you notice some play send it in, until then i just say use it

It actually looks like 50% me. It has a ceramic ball interface so you actually have to look at where the ball is coming in contact with the tang. With the blade closed look at the end of the knife on the pivot side and look at how far the mark is coming across the tang. My 2 cents. Maybe it is just the way the pictures taken but it looks perfect to me

Looks more like 65% to me. You have to keep in mind with 25/Inkosi/Zaan you have to deduct roughly 15% of lockup from edge of lockbar face because its the detent ball that locks up not the lockbar face directly.

Having a CRK with 50-60% lockup is very normal

Look perfect to me. That lock bar looks deeper than it is, like others stated, because of the ceramic ball. The lock up is different form the 21 to ‘Zaan and Inkosi.

My Umnumzaan's lock up looks like this.
Umnum_Lock2.JPG

But the actual lock up is little shallower, as indicated by the scuff on the blade tang.
Umnum_wear.JPG

I wouldn’t worry about it. Both of my Small Inkosis are pretty close to that.

Why worry about lockup? Locks are suppose to be solid, is it not?

I’ve had Strider knives with 25% lockup and CRK with a “visual” 100%, both perfectly solid. It’s a function of geometry, not wear. I’d prefer deeper lockup over early lockup any day of the week.

That lockup looks perfect to me. My brand new one is actually a little early but looks like 55% if I just went by the end of the scale. It's more like 45-50IMG_20171011_234557~01.jpg %.

Back