1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small inkosi lockup

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Highwayfj62, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Highwayfj62

Highwayfj62

Feb 13, 2011
    i know this has been beat to death and everyone has different opinions but I wanted to get some opinions on the lockup on my inkosi. Just received it today and it is brand new. The lockup is late but solid. Would you send it back or not. Looks to be 90% to me

Thanks IMG_1480.JPG

2. skivic

skivic Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 8, 2012
    My 21 was almost 100 perfect and have zero problems, if you notice some play send it in, until then i just say use it

3. Nrthfce

Nrthfce

Sep 17, 2014
    It actually looks like 50% me. It has a ceramic ball interface so you actually have to look at where the ball is coming in contact with the tang. With the blade closed look at the end of the knife on the pivot side and look at how far the mark is coming across the tang. My 2 cents. Maybe it is just the way the pictures taken but it looks perfect to me

kniferbro likes this.
  4. Thin-Slice

Thin-Slice Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Looks more like 65% to me. You have to keep in mind with 25/Inkosi/Zaan you have to deduct roughly 15% of lockup from edge of lockbar face because its the detent ball that locks up not the lockbar face directly.

Having a CRK with 50-60% lockup is very normal

kniferbro likes this.
  5. HST

HST Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Look perfect to me. That lock bar looks deeper than it is, like others stated, because of the ceramic ball. The lock up is different form the 21 to ‘Zaan and Inkosi.

6. miso2

miso2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2014
    My Umnumzaan's lock up looks like this.
    [​IMG]

But the actual lock up is little shallower, as indicated by the scuff on the blade tang.
    [​IMG]

HST and Thin-Slice like this.
  7. DRLyman

DRLyman Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2016
    I wouldn’t worry about it. Both of my Small Inkosis are pretty close to that.

8. Josh K

Josh K Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Why worry about lockup? Locks are suppose to be solid, is it not?

I’ve had Strider knives with 25% lockup and CRK with a “visual” 100%, both perfectly solid. It’s a function of geometry, not wear. I’d prefer deeper lockup over early lockup any day of the week.

9. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    That lockup looks perfect to me. My brand new one is actually a little early but looks like 55% if I just went by the end of the scale. It's more like 45-50 IMG_20171011_234557~01.jpg %.

10. red mag

red mag

Apr 12, 1999
    Can you show us a picture of the blade tang like "miso2" ?