Small(ish) Khukuri with round guard.

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by kronckew, Jun 17, 2020.

1. kronckew

kronckew Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Been elsewhere for a bit, thought this might be of interest. Reminded me of the Story of Aunty Yangdu on the bus with her 9in. khuk.

Arrived this morning. It has a circular steel disk guard about 1 mm. thick & 5.4 cm. across. Wood grip approx.8 cm. long.
    21 cm. steel blade is decorated, as is the wood scabbard. 4 mm. thick down to 3mm near the tip. 4CM wide at belly. flat spine with a smoothly curving profile.

Maybe a Ladies EDC or Gambler's concealed item? Razor sharp, took off a patch of my arm-hair no problem. A slicer, not a chopper.

Scabbard is nicely carved, has a large crack that appears glued, mint green braided sword binding near mouth appears varnished.

Humourous that I think of it as a tiny knife when it has a 21 cm (8.15 in.) blade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oldmanwilly and RayseM like this.
  2. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    That's sweet. The guard reminds me of the brass handled khuk that HI has. Dandy little knife.

3. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    I'm with you Bawanna, that thing is sweet. What a unique and awesome khukuri. Love the guard, and love the scabbard. Actually everything about it looks great. Speaking of gambling, I bet it is lightning fast too.

4. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    I like everything about it too - EXCEPT - that it's not mine :( :rolleyes: :)

5. DaFatKid

DaFatKid Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Thanks for sharing with us.

6. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Nice Khukuri, thank you for sharing