small lightest weight folder

Looking for a small ie less than 3 in relatively slim single blade folder with clip, onehand opening for light cutting chores. Been looking at the AG Russell One Handed knife. Any opinions?

I would recommend the Camillus E.D.C. or the Outdoor Edge Paragee. They are both framelocks, around 3" for blade length, and they have a very slim handle profile. The E.D.C. can be had for between $40.00 and $50.00 and the Paragee can be had for $40.00. Both knives are Darrel Ralph designs.

depending on amount of $$$ you want to spend. William Henry makes some fine small folders. Kershaw Vapor 2 is a nice small framelock.
Or as above the Camillus EDC looks attractive as well .

I have been carring my new William Henry ti carbon fiber ti2 bt folder for two weeks.I love to see friends reaction when they handle it.I own 8 customs and probably 12 quality folders and this is my favorite EDC knife.It is very strong and smoothe.The smaller size only weighs 1 OZ.
Chuck

Attachments

• carbon fiber.jpg
    carbon fiber.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 119
I don't have any opinion on the AG Russell One Handed knife, since I've never handled one. However, if you've got the $, the William Henry knives are top notch. I've got one of the Black & Tan lancets, which weighs one ounce and is very tough for such a light knife. Any of the William Henry carbon fiber knives would be perfect, based on your description.

- Mark

Very easy opener, flipper or stud with a clip and only around $30! hehe

James

I've heard very nice things of the AG Russell One Hand knife but I don't believe it has a clip. It's up to you how important that is in making a decision, but personally, I'm not very fond of clips and wear my knives in my pockets.

APM beat me to it. Kershaw Chive all the way. Very small, one handed, super sharp, great for small cutting chores. Outstanding quality for the money. Pick one up at your local Wal-Mart for under $30. Might not be the lightest out there, but definitely a good small knife.

Mike

Spyderco Delica....not too expenive...proven design...VG-10 steel...enough said.
Matt

Depending on how much you want to spend we can add the Benchmade 705 and 770/771/773 knives to that list. I don't want to forget the new Benchmite 310 from Benchmade either! I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Spyderco Navigator, Cricket, Meercat, Mouse, and Dragonfly. I'm sure that there are some other Small folders from Spyderco that will fit your requirements.

What Easyrider wrote. There are a lot of Spyderco knives that match your needs. Just look at the smaller FRN models.

And what about CRKT? The Urban Shark comes to mind.

Originally posted by Quiet Storm
What Easyrider wrote. There are a lot of Spyderco knives that match your needs. Just look at the smaller FRN models.

And what about CRKT? The Urban Shark comes to mind.

I have the SS/PE Dragonfly. It may be heavier than you're looking for so let me second the FRN Dragonfly. The things that I like the most about the Dragonfly are the shape of the blade and the ergonomic design of the handle. Both of these would still be present in the FRN.

Beyondmyken,
Get a BM mini-griptilian and use it for not only light duty but almost any duty. It's a great knife with axis-lock which is a fantastic lock. Or, any of the formentioned spydies would also be a great choice.:) dtsoll

If weight is the primary factor then I would have to change my normal recommendation of the Camillus EDC.

1) If money is no object then the William Henry Carbon fiber series cannot be beaten. (Carbon Fiber Scales, ATS-34 blade, Ti liner lock)

2) If money is a concern then the Gerber SLC 3.25 can be had more cheaply but is almost as light. (Carbon Fiber Scales, ATS-34 blade, Ti liner lock)

3) If lock strength is the issue and a little extra weight and thickness don't bother you then the mini-griptilian series is a winner.

Another vote for the William Henry lancet. You can't go wrong with either the carbon fiber or the Black & Tan series (CF, with gold TiN coated screws and a boron carbide coated blade). Very light, very well made, very good looking.

Looking for a small ie less than 3 in relatively slim single blade folder with clip, onehand opening for light cutting chores. Been looking at the AG Russell One Handed knife.
Hi,
I have the AG Russell featherlite One Handed knife and think it is
pretty nice knife. I really like the blade profile for everyday
chores. They do not come with a pocket clip however.
Regards,
Greg

I think your best bet would be a Spyderco Delica. It's lighter than anything else that size and slimmer than most.

--Bob Q

Back