Recommendation? Small makers doing high-end production

They look really good, but I want to see hear some balanced/critical commentary. Am I right that he just shipped his first run?
Just FYI a few of the (in)famous YouTube EDC community personalities have recently ordered Holts, so there should be some reviews coming up soon-ish.

Reactions: Mo2
Anyone have any experience with the William Henry E6?
I have an E6 that my wife bought me for Christmas several years ago. I believe mine has a D2 blade, but their current ones have M390 which is supposed to be a better steel. I am completely satisfied with mine ....great cutting performance and very well made.

I am not the best reviewer out there but I just wanted to share my experience. I gotta admit that it is a really great knife. I have not carried any other knife besides a traditional knife to accompany it. I contemplated doing a follow up after having spent time with it but still unsure about it.

I think I'll wait for the Holt Specter to be out of beta-testing. I don't need lock-rock on a $500 knife. If I wanted to spend $500 on a knife with basic F&F issues, I'd choose from one of the major established brands that have these problems. :rolleyes: EDIT: Maybe I'm not expressing my sarcasm sufficiently here. I'm sure the Spectre is on a great path but I'm just taking a wait-and-see for now.

FYI, after everyone's great input, and mulling over these options for more hours than I'd care to admit, I'm currently working on a custom build with Olamic. And yes, I'm blowing my budget and then some. :D

Last edited:
I think I'll wait for the Holt Specter to be out of beta-testing. I don't need lock-rock on a $500 knife. If I wanted to spend $500 on a knife with basic F&F issues, I'd choose from one of the major established brands that have these problems. :rolleyes:

FYI, after everyone's great input, and mulling over these options for more hours than I'd care to admit, I'm currently working on a custom build with Olamic. And yes, I'm blowing my budget and then some. :D
dude you should know that that only one knife and any other brand can have the same issue. its not like they are making everyone with that in it. think your going overboard with your thinking.

Working with Eugene? Nice - you won't be disappointed!

dude you should know that that only one knife and any other brand can have the same issue. its not like they are making everyone with that in it. think your going overboard with your thinking.
Sorry, my sarcasm wasn't sharp enough. I'm taking a wait-and-see, but what I meant with my comment is that every maker has these issues.

I haven't quite built my own folder yet (hope to this year) but I do make custom blades for existing frames like this DDC SNG =) Built this out of M4 and had Peter's ht to 64rc + cryo.

i-XrLHq3j-X2.jpg

I haven't quite built my own folder yet (hope to this year) but I do make custom blades for existing frames like this DDC SNG =) Built this out of M4 and had Peter's ht to 64rc + cryo.
Hi Josh - you mean you make replacement blades for existing folders out of raw stock steel? I didn't realize - that's good to know. May have to take advantage of that :)

Hi Josh - you mean you make replacement blades for existing folders out of raw stock steel? I didn't realize - that's good to know. May have to take advantage of that :)
That's correct :)

Has the Brad Southard AVO been mentioned yet ?
Wonderful folder. I carried mine for two yrs; sold it when I needed cash. Stupid.
One of the finest folders I've ever owned...in the top three out of a whole bunch of them.

kevin cleary

and tovarish

jimmy t

I got in on the second drop of the Holt Specter, but because of some people here asking WTF was wrong with me?! LOL. They've been a pleasure to work with so far. I hadn't heard though that they "borrowed" Brian Nadeau's detent ramp design. Brian could probably have patented that, whether he should have is another matter entirely. I think thought makers should at least ask and then acknowledge it. Hope it gets worked out amicably.

i-XrLHq3j-X2.jpg
Your work on Doctor Frunkey's 0392 was mind-blowing, I hope to be able to have you do a blade for me someday!

Brian could probably have patented that, whether he should have is another matter entirely. I think thought makers should at least ask and then acknow
don't think Brian really cares so much but I too would like to hear about his point of view on this. but yea you have a point for sure. iirc the first run just had a normal detent.

Back