Small problem with Sifu.

I have a CF Sifu. I noticed a small chip in the blade edge about 3/8 inch from the point. Upon closer examination, when closed, the blade is almost touching the last spacer post(I don't know what it is really called) between the liners. This is exactly where the chip is. I think this happened from the blade being closed too hard(maybe). Is there any way to correct this problem? I love this knife so I want to fix this.
-Thanks for any help

mine is real (and i mean REAL) close to the pin too - i dont know what ya could do except email brothers@plix (bob brothers, the designer/maker/fixer) and talk to bob - am sure they can fix it, but ya will have to ship it in - the turnaround is pretty quick, shouldnt be out your knife more than 2 weeks - hope this helps ya.....

sifu

Thanks a lot. I'll do that. This really isn't a big deal. I could probably get rid of the dent with a good sharpening, but if I close it too hard it might do the same thing again. I've been really careful since it got the dent.

I recommend sending back to REKAT for Bob Brothers to take a look at it. They have a wonderful customer service dept.(Bob). I sent in a PioneerII that wouldn't lock open, most likely due to my screwing around with the knife. I know I voided the warranty and was prepared to pay for the repairs. I asked for a repair estimate with the idea of
getting it fixed. Well Bob and the wonderful people at REKAT went ahead and replaced the knife for free! :D Now, I'm not suggesting everyone screw up their knives and expect a free replacement, but this illustrates the kind of company REKAT is. REKAT went above and beyond what they could have done. In no way were they obligated to replace a knife that was tampered with. If anyone has any doubts about REKAT's customer service lay them to rest; REKAT cares about it's customers and products.
thank you again Bob, Christina and all they great people at REKAT.

As long as the blade is not hitting the standoff all that needs to be done is to sharpen the knife. If you don’t want to do it your self you can send it back and we will do it for you.
Bob Brothers

Bob,

It's great to see you taking the time to post here again!.

Question: Do you have any dual (ambidextrious) thumbstuds in stock yet? I'd like to purchase a couple of them to install on two of my REKAT Carnivour Cubs.

Dann Fassnacht
708 North L Street Apt. 2
Aberdeen, WA 98520

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure what the standoff is. If it is the spacer between the liners, I think this is what the chip is from. Is there a way to increase the space between the blade and the spacer?

Standoff, spacer same thing. Other than sharpening the blade there is no way to increase the clearance between blade and the standoff.
Bob Brothers

Back