Small Satchel Review

Thanks for the review thread.

With regard to the "manpurse" thing, all I can say is I have been known to wear a kilt and sporran. Some will consider it a dress and purse. I don't much care what they think, as I don't live life for other's approval.

As humans we tend to dislike what is unfamiliar to us. Having the need to "aquire a taste" for something stems from an evolutionary survival mechanism. If men carrying small leather bags was in vogue, and people saw it more often, it would not appear abnormal. Men have carried bags throughout history, as well as wearing unbifurcated garments. It is only seen as odd now, because not many men do it. Think of the first man you saw wearing an ear ring, and then think of all the men you see wearing them every day.

In addition I think proportion is important. A very large man carrying a very small bag, or a very small man carrying a very large bag will look odd. A bag appearing small on a man, may be given the name "man purse", not as a judgement of the person carrying it, but as a judgement of aesthetic. Unfortunately those who throw terms like this about, may not have the intellect to understand why something appears odd to them, or the vocabulary to properly communicate their observations.

Just my $.02

Last edited:
I don't look in this area of the forum often but was wandering a little today. Very enjoyable thread PERRO.
I have a leather shoulder bag I carry when I'm travelling. It's not a SBL although I do have some of SBLs items and I like them alot. I carry a 7" tablet, small digital camera, small flashlight, airline tickets etc. When I'm not going through metal detectors it might have a small fixed blade in there too. I don't worry too much about what people might think of my bag. I got over that nonsense a few decades ago.

Thought you might like this also.

I don't look in this area of the forum often but was wandering a little today. Very enjoyable thread PERRO. .....

Thought you might like this also.

I truly consider myself very fortunate to be able to carry " BOTH " anywhere in the USA, while on the second half of my journey thru life:)

The last couple posts really helped me be a bit more comfortable about carrying the Pouch from Saddleback Leather. I know I shouldn't be too concerned about other people's opinions pertaining to what I want to use as a EDC bag. I find the Pouch perfect for what I intend to use it for.

Hey everybody,

Just had a special project finished. You can read the below link.

TM Hunt Custom Knives: Project #635
2013-07-22181026_zpsbaa55351.jpg

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1090801-Project-635-in-the-books-and-in-the-mail

Now, for those of you that travel the off beaten paths & can legally carry ( Hiking / Fishing / Hunting / Exploring ).

Heres a few idea's.

M-18
IMG_1031_zps15c17ede.jpg

BALDRIC CARRY RIG:
M-18
IMG_1032_edited-1_zps8c0aa0e5.jpg

Yuma
IMG_1035_edited-1_zps6b2121ed.jpg

Yuma fits inside
IMG_1041_edited-1_zps81a7b072.jpg

Better photo.
IMG_1043_zpsd06f03fb.jpg

I'm almost all geared up :D
snakebomb_zpsdfe78b32.jpg

Last edited:
Not an age thing, unless 41 is young, in which case you made my day. Sorry, maybe I just don't appreciate the manpurse look. Obviously, by the multiple similar names you listed for it, you've had it called varying descriptions by numerous folks that all come back to manpurse. And, yes, I saw all the pics. All seem to look manpurse'ish. But if you like it, party on.

I carry a large satchel by saddleback with me to work every day. Call it what you will, it's a satchel and Indiana Jones carried one. I'm 27, and call it a purse to my face in a derogatory manner and I'll show you the error of your ways. Pockets are too small to carry what a man needs for the worst day, and if/when you happen to have one of those l'll be glad to be there for you.

Hey everyone,

Just " Updating " : First off, I'm not advocating anyone, to carry an " Illegal " item ( Concealed Weapons ) , inside your bags.

I've recently ordered a few more knives from " T.M. Hunt ", and will be carrying a smaller knife, inside my Small Satchel.
IMG_1117_edited-1_zps3c3e2d9b.jpg

M-18 / Yuma / Magua / Hornet ( Daily Carry Neck Knife )

IMG_4395_zps86732684.jpg

Magua, with sheath , approx 8 inches long.

IMG_4392_edited-1_zpsd7421e87.jpg

Inner, side pocket.

IMG_4391_edited-1_zps7a6feb06.jpg

Sheathed knife, fits snuggly without protruding too much, or obstructing in closing buckled flap.

Great thread, if these are still available I'm going to see about ordering one. Will be great for carrying my work stuff and whatever extra crap I have on me all the time.

Back