Smallest Case pocket knife?....

Actually, I think the tiny trapper beats all those mentioned... just over 2 inches closed.

I think it does, too.

100_2824.jpg

Here's a side-by-side photo I took a while back of the Peanut and the Tiny Trapper.

The Tiny Trapper is definitely smaller than the Peanut. It's about the same size as the 6333 Small Stockman, both of which are listed at 2 5/8" long.

Jc57 all the listing I find for the tiny trapper has it coming in a little smaller at 2 3/8"

Here's another small one 2 5/8" 6201

501229487c37ad108f40534e8e5d590b_zps64fb09ff.jpg

Pete

The Case web site seems to inconsistently list the size as both 2 5/8" and 2 3/8", but they are consistent on the metric scale: 6.03 cm. If that number is accurate, then the Tiny Trappers are in fact the smallest current production Case knives.

BROWN SYNTHETIC JIGGED SMALL STOCKMAN
Case Knife Pattern #: 6333 SS
Blades: Clip, Sheepfoot and Pen
Length Closed: 2 5/8 "

It is cute
But with such small blades, they dull very quckly after a small amount of use

Well, seems like Case has/has had plenty of little knives to choose from (based on your reaponses). So, since I gotta start somewhere, I went with ordering one of the tiny trappers (the one like I put a picture up above in one of my posts). Was planning on beginning a small knife display.... but can see how my direction may change at a whim... I mean, so much out there, and the diversity is exciting ;-) Thanks to you all for sharing your info and opinions :)

I love smaller knives, and the smallest traditionals I have so far are Case Tiny Trappers:

tinytrapper.jpg

Favorite:

tinywharntrap.jpg

I don't know a lot about historical Case patterns, but I believe the Tiny Trapper is currently their smallest. They can bite, so watch out! :D

Cheers,
Griff

Here is my Tiny Trapper next to a Peanut...very small knife! Lot of blade though!

INsvHFMi-deBZ2nKJE6IIjMSrSNWqSqckl3NrFZqmzI=w276-h207-p-no

The smallest one I own is the Pen 01 pattern. It went into the vault in 2010. It was in production from 1991 to 2007. Its just barely over
2 1/2 inches. Mine is Mammoth Ivory, but I think it was offered with 20 different scales throughout production. Close to that anyway. It makes the Tiny Trapper, Tiny Muskrat, and Tiny Toothpicks look pretty large.

The smallest one I own is the Pen 01 pattern. It went into the vault in 2010. It was in production from 1991 to 2007. Its just barely over
2 1/2 inches. Mine is Mammoth Ivory, but I think it was offered with 20 different scales throughout production. Close to that anyway. It makes the Tiny Trapper, Tiny Muskrat, and Tiny Toothpicks look pretty large.

Any picture would love to see the 01 in Mammoth, The 01 pattern is 2 5/8" and dates back to the Case Brothers era (1896 – 1915). It was later discontinued for a while after 1974 and reintroduced in 1980.

Pete

The smallest pattern Case ever made (discontinued pre 1940) was the tiny "watch fob" penknife at about 1-3/4" closed. I may have pics of the two I had, if so I will post later.

Back