1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We will be conducting maintenance tonight to update server processes. Downtime may be 1-2 hours or more, starting at 10:15PM Eastern.

smatchet

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by boring, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Switchblade_renegade

Switchblade_renegade Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Id like to see it with more of that leaf blade style on it with false edge. Thatd be gnarly!

2. boring

boring Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2005
    antique bronze.

3. boring

Nov 28, 2005
    I think this is a push thread. seriously, I want one. far as I know, they have never had a knife similar to it. I say, a biggie with 10" blade, and a Smalls with a 6" blade.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    I am definitely in for one

5. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Lets Push lol
    Im in

6. shane justice

shane justice

May 12, 2003
    I am in for between 1 and 4. Definitely 1,Prolly 2, 3 and 4 for my kids'. They don't really need to go to college.

7. Ladams19

Ladams19 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I would have to have a Smatchet in several colors and combinations. That is one blade shape I really enjoy. Its the best of both worlds.

8. shane justice

shane justice

May 12, 2003
    " The psychological reaction of any man, when he first takes the Smatchet in his hand, is full justification for its recommendation as a fighting weapon. He will immediately register all the essential qualities of a good soldier - confidence, determination, and aggressiveness.

It's balance,weight, and killing power, with the point, edge or pommel, combined with the extremely simple training necessary to become efficient in its use, makes it the ideal personal weapon for all those not armed with a rifle and bayonet. " - Maj. W.E. Fairbairn, "GET TOUGH" 1942

9. shane justice

shane justice

May 12, 2003
    Dang guys!

I threw that quote in for more conversation not to kill it!

The way FAIRBAIRN wrote is so different than how we talk today. He must have been one heck of a tough guy!

Please don't let this be the end of the Smatchet thread!

Please! So many people and companies have tried to make this knife, and it was so short lived. It would be so awesome for BUSSE to make this one!

10. slowride11

slowride11 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2015
    I like that idea, I`d be in for one of each.

11. boring

Nov 28, 2005
    Maj. Fairbarn said get tough. What would be tougher than an iconic design by an iconic maker. Busse smatchet. get some.

12. boring

Nov 28, 2005
    Please Jerry, don't say no to history.

13. Spider Monkey

Spider Monkey Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2014
    This thread must keep going. The Smatchet has captured my imagination since childhood. What could be more badass than a muddy coated smatchet with green/black G10?

14. Spider Monkey

Spider Monkey Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Busse Combat Knife Co.: What could be more combat than Fairbairn's Smatchet?

15. boring

Nov 28, 2005
    History destined them to meet.

16. legato1

legato1

Sep 8, 2006
    Battle grade smatchet!!!!!!!

17. slowride11

slowride11 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2015
    A satin smatchet with snakeskin or tiger hide scales...

18. Switchblade_renegade

Switchblade_renegade Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Or a smatchet/sarsquatch....... the SMATCHSQUATCH!!!! Or a smatchet/gladious....... a SMACTCHIOUS!!!!! srry got a lil smatch scratch fever duh duh duh duhhhhhhh!!

19. boring

Nov 28, 2005
    I like it

20. boring

Nov 28, 2005
    boy, an infi smatchet would help those folks dig out on the east coast. ohio has been fortunate this year, snow wise. Last two winters were rough.