1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Smith & Wesson junk folder

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Gary Hay, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Gary Hay

Gary Hay

Mar 10, 2019
    Newbie here. I found a Smith & Wesson knife in the road. It has been run over many times. However the blade is intact and except for scratches so are the skins. It needs to have some screws and standoffs to make it a serviceable piece. It's of Chinese manufacture so everything is metric. Does anybody here know how I can get these parts. Smith & Wesson does not sell parts. I hate to just pitch it so I'm reaching out to the pros. Thanks

2. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2016
    I vote for pitching it. Buying the replacement screws and standoffs are likely more than what the knife is worth.

3. Frozen Bear Trading

Frozen Bear Trading KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 22, 2019
    Break it apart and take the blade out drill out a deer antler or some wood and epoxy it in.

Lapedog, lieferung and Lesknife like this.
  4. brando555

brando555 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 26, 2018

This.

Those knives are $8.99 on Amazon, buying replacement hardware would be a waste of money.

5. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Do yourself a favor and just throw it in the trash. It's not worth your time to try to make it serviceable again. That is if you feel that your time is worth something.

rje58 likes this.
  6. thebrain

thebrain Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Those are not really worth the effort, but you should be able to find usable screws in a decent hardware store. As for a backspacer you can use wood,plastic or a small piece of aluminum from the hardware.

7. Gary Hay

Gary Hay

Mar 10, 2019
    Thanks everyone. Duly noted.

8. Im_your_huckleberry

Im_your_huckleberry Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 14, 2014
    These things seem to litter the streets across America! And I agree with what the others have said. Just toss it.

9. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    Fashion an opinel handle out of a pine dowel

specgrade, Bad Ninja and Lapedog like this.