1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Smoke and Prayer for a smooth journey West

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by Karda, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    A couple weeks ago my wifes 91 year old grandfather, Albert Inman, took a seemingly minor little spill outside one of his favorite places to eat after having dinner with the other "old folk" who had come to visit him.
    Apparently he tore some blood vessels in his stomach region and began to bleed internally.
    Being on coumadin, his blood wouldnt clot and he nearly died before letting anyone know and was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery. They could not find the bleeder, but reversed the effect of the coumadin and the bleeding was stopped...intermittantly.
    He has spent the last two weeks in the hospital, with a couple day stint in the nursing home where they couldnt properly care for his surgical wounds. He's been sent to a better hospital, but is not healing and not responding to medications well. He has also developed pneumonia and is not responding to antibiotics.

Today, he requested that all measures to keep him alive...aside from those meant to keep him comfortable, be removed. He is in constant pain and is too weak at this point to continue. The doctors give him little chance of recovery. He has fought the good fight.......
    We respect his wishes and are maintaining vigil.
    This was not unexpected, just not expected so soon or in this manner.....
    Hug those you love and make sure they know it....none of us are guaranteed a tommorrow.

I would just like to ask of my friends, this one small favor.....

Please pray for some mercy and grace for a wonderful, man, person, husband, father, grandfather and friend..... to ease his transition without pain and discomfort..without regret.....and with his dignity.
    Please help me in my pleas to the creator to make his walk west as easy as possible.

Thank you, my friends.

2. bric

bric

Jun 10, 2011
    Vaya Con Dios Mr Inman. The time you spent here will be well remembered by your loved ones and may your further journeys be in peace.

3. RevDevil

RevDevil

Nov 9, 2009
    Prayers, Smoke, and Positive Thoughts for the man and your family Karda.

4. Steve Tall

Steve Tall

Aug 28, 2010
    Smoke and prayers.

Mortality weeps.
    Drowned in sea of miracles,
    endless waves remain.

-S.

5. Howard Wallace

Howard Wallace . Moderator

Feb 23, 1999
    Smoke going up.

6. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    Go in peace, Mr. Inman. You've done your part and have earned your reward.

7. Kismet

Kismet Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Of course.

Happy Trails.

8. ferguson

ferguson

Feb 21, 2001
    Smoke and prayers for Mr. Inman.

Steve

9. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    God Bless!

10. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Smoke and prayers up.

11. Cpl Punishment

Cpl Punishment

Jan 28, 2006
    Smoke out,. dude.

May he have a peaceful journey on the westbound.

12. arbiter

arbiter Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 4, 2011
    Grace and peace ^

13. Gorog

Gorog

Mar 4, 2011
    Dude, you NEVER have to ask here, it is practically our duty as Cantina-goers, as good people, and as human beings. Peace, and eternal rest, reincarnation, or whatever awaits us on the other side for Mister Inman. I hope he goes without suffering, and I hope you and your wife, as well as everyone who knew or was related to, him, find a different kind of peace in the lives you all have ahead of you. Whatever you do, do not become consumed by grief, it can do terrible things to you (I have no idea of the relationship between you and your wife's grandfather, so I thought I would extend that as a general piece of advice for anyone in the same situation). You helped me through a rough spot, Karda, whether you knew about it or not, and for that, I also want to give you my thanks. My mom does not trust social networking sites, and heck, I usually do not either, but this place is the exception, this is the place where everyday superheroes gather and swap tales, this is the place where everyday magic brews, this is the place that I hope exists in whatever lies beyond this life, where hopefully, we can all meet and talk face to face...that would be cool as ice. But, I am rambling in a very sensitive thread. Peace and good luck in whatever you face next Mr. Inman. Peace to everyone. Goodbye.

14. BFH44

BFH44

Nov 3, 2010
    Prayers and smoke and song -- blessings, regards and respect

15. greenwoods

greenwoods

Sep 2, 2006
    Smoke and prayer up from here.

Mark

16. cliff355

cliff355

Apr 19, 2003
    Smoke sent. We all have to make this passage but can hardly complain about it if after 91 years someone can say the things about us that you can say about Albert.

17. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Thank You , My Friends !!!
    I appreciate all your help.
    He is lingering, we are waiting.
    Hopefully our pleas will be heard.

18. homeka45

homeka45

Dec 24, 2005
    Thoughts and prayers for a peaceful passage.

19. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Smoke and prayers from Reno

20. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Albert Inman
    May your essential self, the voyager, be cleansed and guided by the inexorable wisdom of reality,
    May the beloved be thy protector,
    May you be brought safely across the labyrinth,
    And placed in the state of the pure and shining void

Amen