Smoke needed

Danny, legally your wife's family cannot force you to leave Japan. Do pop in at the U.S. Embassy, and calmly relate your problem. I trust that their response will help take down an added stressor. If you feel up to it, contact the folks found in the link I gave you.

THEY will assuredly have the latest and most relevant information, and being that the organisation was founded specifically for this purpose, they will be more than happy to assist you. :thumbup:

I'm hoping you're feeling a bit better than a week ago. We're interested in knowing how things go, so do keep in touch... Do a lot of deep beathing exercises, walking, and meditation or prayer.

Hang in there, but do so by being informed.

Do any of your budo teachers have any political/social leverage? Just a thought.

Continuing smoke ~~~~

Still keeping tabs on this, Danny. As always, I hope things are improving for you. In any case, sending you some smoke, and strength to keep moving.

Smoke still up. You take care and be careful Danny. This is not the time to do anything stupid!!!

Danny, I'm concerned with how you are doing... Please check in and drop us a note. You're welcome to write me an e-mail if you'd like.

Hope your're feeling better! :)

Prayers are continuing for you and your family Danny... please let us know how you are doing.

Thanks Danny, we are almost on the same boat. Some women will turn devil one day and worship Prada. We just end up with a broken heart. Fortunatly, I'm working in ER now and helping more 5150s, if not I'll be a 5150 myself. Hang in there in Japan, I'm in Central Cal and haging on the worst. Smoke to all and thank to all those that help with smoke!

I appreciate this. I really do. How many smoke threads have I seen go up.
Rarely do they end badly, sometimes, but not too often.
I came to Japan for Budo. I am not finished doing that yet.
In September we will put on the first of a from-now-on annual demonstration of the Togakure Ryu at the Togaku shrine.
Sensei asked me to play my biwa at that event.
I cannot conceive of how I will play with all of the joy gone from my soul, but I will do it for my baby, so she will be proud of me someday.
My mother spent a large chunk of her savings to fly out here and be with me.
It isnt easy for a 64 yr old overweight grandmother to fly 12 hours coach.
I won't forget how much people tried to do for me in this awful time of my life.
Smoke for you Danny!

I experienced your current situation twice in my life! It's real hurt!

BE PATIENT! HAVE FAITH IN GOD!

Remember that every one of us came to this world alone with nothing! Helpless! God give us everything as He wish and He can always take back whatever given to us at any time. And if He wish He can always give back whatever was taken from us at any time. Just make sure you don't lost your faith in God because the moment you lost Him means you are left alone to face all and everything!

LIFE MUST GO ON!

Take the positive side of the incident! There must be a blessing in disguise in everything that happen in our life! There always lesson to be learned in every step of our path of life! Sit down and think! If you know how to meditate then you have to meditate! If you know how to pray then you have to pray! Clear your state of mind! What was past is already a past! You can not correct the past! You just need to correct the current and the future!

PLAN YOUR MOVE AND ACT WISELY!

Please do not make stupid action because you know that it will make things worst. Remember that your baby is always your baby even though he/she is not at your side any longer. You don't have him/her 10 years ago. Then one day he/she came to your life. Two weeks ago she went away! Only God knows what will happend tomorrow! One day in your future he/she might just appear again in front of you!

GOD DECIDE WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU AND FOR YOUR BABY!

Sometimes something which we hate is actually good for us but we might not know about it! Sometimes something which we love is actually bad for us but we might not know about it as well! You just need to have faith in whatever He wish that it must be good for you and your baby as well.

MAKE SURE ONE FAILURE DOESN'T CAUSE FAILURE IN EVERYTHING!

Since you came to Japan for Budo then you have to finish it to the end. Do not make youself fail in Budo just because of the failure in your relationship with any lady. Remember you didn't lost your baby. It is just a separation. Your blood is flowing in his/her body. Your blood will be flowing in his/her offsprings. Nobody can deny about it. Anybody can change his/her name but nobody can change the fact that he/she is your baby.

Dany, I hope you understand me. I am just trying to give some tips that might help. Twice I faced the same situation just like the one you face now. All of us are created by the same God. We might call Him with different names according to our belief/relegion but He is still the same God The Creator. God help me in both situations and the same God will always help you.

Again smoke for you Danny!

Danny, seems to me the forum has done well by you. I've been written many times by many people regarding this. They're worried for you. We are.
What's happening to you is nearly everyone's worst nightmare. The potential is there in every relationship, we all know it, and we've all either been touched by disaster personally or through family and friends. You added the feature of a foreign nation and culture to it, but there are still people here who have walked where you are walking.
Send me a valid email and I'll write you.
You are allowed to grieve, to be angry, to get depressed, drunk, break boards, whatever; you are not allowed to fold your cards.

Shortly it will become obvious what kind of fight you are up against and if it is doable. You will make your hard choices then.
The timing of this event was well done from your wife's position. She knew you were leaving soon. She hopes you will.
You need a lawyer and a appraisel of what is.
You have friends.

munk

From my experience, both Howard (post #120) and Munk have this exactly right. Obviously our prayers for you and yours will continue.....but you also need the concrete help of professionals to get you through this. No one will minimize your anguish, but doing something, anything constructive will help you more than turning inward at this moment. I am absolutely certain that there is some portion of your martial arts discipline in which you can immerse yourself for respite, similar to the Way of the Bow which I follow. God bless you and keep you in the hollow of his hand. jn

Wow. I post here rarely, and run through here somewhat often... but this has to be one of the toughest things I have read here. I hope this will turn in a better direction soon. Never give up the fight for your child. What your wife is doing is wrong. Whatever problems may be happening with the two of you is separate from your relationship with your child.
Continued prayers and smoke,
Mongo

Still pulling for you, Danny. Like the others have said, don't give up. A planet full of friends are pulling for you.

Jake

I know, and I feel guilty about it. I would have hung myself weeks ago if I hadn't had my friends...

You have nothing to feel guilty about. Friends do what friends do - stickup for each other.

Danny, keep putting one foot in front of the other. Keep the faith. We are all still praying for you, man.

Eric

Back