o8Lhulm.jpg

VFc4Iwi.jpg

FhuRzTJ.jpg

And a few of these:

EzLWzyv.jpg

Full write up on them:

I like mine with Reaper Jelly!

UX5H06c.jpg

The Reaper Jelly is made with a mixture of home-grown Carolina Reaper chilis, Habaneros (because if it was all Reapers, it would be too hot), pineapple, sugar, water and pectin. It's also an awesome glaze for pork ribs.
I like it milder. I went with 1/3 Siracha and 2/3 Ranch dressing.

I knew this would get John's attention! It was his post way back when, which had me put in a special request to the management. I remember my wife saying "I hope you like these for all the work" 🤣 She knows me so well whenever I go "Hey, I came across something I'd like to try" where she just picks up a pad and pen and goes "OK, what do I need to go get for these something's you came across?" 😁 and I had to eat them all with a smile because I know better. I didn't have any sauce, I'm certainly not making Reaper anything but that Siracha sauce sounds like what I was missing and I don't remember grilling them but that sounds amazing. I'll have to revisit this one. What I recall was it was a pain in the ass getting the sausage just right and keeping it together. Kind of like wrapping a greased lighbulb with wax paper and getting it to stick. Rest was easy.

I knew this would get John's attention! It was his post way back when, which had me put in a special request to the management. I remember my wife saying "I hope you like these for all the work" 🤣 She knows me so well whenever I go "Hey, I came across something I'd like to try" where she just picks up a pad and pen and goes "OK, what do I need to go get for these something's you came across?" 😁 and I had to eat them all with a smile because I know better. I didn't have any sauce, I'm certainly not making Reaper anything but that Siracha sauce sounds like what I was missing and I don't remember grilling them but that sounds amazing. I'll have to revisit this one. What I recall was it was a pain in the ass getting the sausage just right and keeping it together. Kind of like wrapping a greased lighbulb with wax paper and getting it to stick. Rest was easy.
Yep I had to re-wrap the first two once I got the hang of it. You reall need to double the bacon supply and cut off the 1/4 skinny end. Then use those trimmings to wrap over the top of the pepper. In the pic I furnished I show how I smeared the breakfast sausage on top of the bacon then rolled it. I hope this helps. It took me about an hour to do (20) start to finish

Yep I had to re-wrap the first two once I got the hang of it. You reall need to double the bacon supply and cut off the 1/4 skinny end. Then use those trimmings to wrap over the top of the pepper. In the pic I furnished I show how I smeared the breakfast sausage on top of the bacon then rolled it. I hope this helps. It took me about an hour to do (20) start to finish
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Genius Alert!!! Right there is the trick! Consistent sausage think ness, wrapped up like a blanket. Holy crap, that would've been way better than what we did. DOH!!! After thinking about it I know we cooked them in the oven, on a rack inside a pan for the drippings. They weren't no where crisped up as yours. More bacon? Can't be a serious question but a solution, to a lot of things. :) I think the youngins would call this a "hack"

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Genius Alert!!! Right there is the trick! Consistent sausage think ness, wrapped up like a blanket. Holy crap, that would've been way better than what we did. DOH!!! After thinking about it I know we cooked them in the oven, on a rack inside a pan for the drippings. They weren't no where crisped up as yours. More bacon? Can't be a serious question but a solution, to a lot of things. :) I think the youngins would call this a "hack"
I cooked mine on my BGE at 250-275 for 60 min

could this be done in the oven at those temps?

Yes but I’d suggest putting them on a rack and let the drippings fall into a pan. You might need to hit broil for last few minutes to get the crisp on them. If they soak in all the juice I think the bacon will be rubbery.

These look heart stoppingly delicious! My arteries are hardening looking at these pics.

Back