Smooth ivory bone addiction

Ron You are very kind, thank you!

Mark Appreciate that! I got it from the Exchange and it has developed a very nice colour from just being out of its tube, pleased with it.

I am a big fan of smooth undyed bone handled knives. It's just an old world classic look!
GEC #15 Huckleberry Boy's Knife, a Solignen made workman's knife, and a mid 19th century bone toothbrush.

I like that Solingen made knife, simple but with a lot of character.:thumbup:

That bone toothbrush is interesting too, the size of it! How'd they get that in their mouth? Looks big enough to shine shoes:D:eek:

Thanks for the kind words, Will. Yes, the German knife is merely marked Solignen/Germany on the tang, but I think it was made by Otter Messer. That toothbrush is a bigun' isn't it? One could brush half their teeth at a time with that thing! But the curved ornate handle is kinda interesting, and it has all natural bristles.

6ad84e6e7adae25544effb8a1a6cb400.jpg

I'm a fan.

Gorgeous knives all! Those TCs are incredible... Hopefully I'll have my hands on one here soon!

Add another one to the list mentioned in another thread... A Schrade 73 auto that was produced in smooth bone! When will it end?!

Tried to PM you but can't. Might be able to help you out.

Email me at gusbutler @ gmail.com

Thanks to this man, I added this sucker to the lineup! Now I gotta find a new "grail" to pursue...

Some quick pics until I can take some better ones.

6ad84e6e7adae25544effb8a1a6cb400.jpg

I'm a fan.

So am I! Fantastic looker and so nice to see one being used for what it's meant for:thumbup::cool: So many pix appear on the Totin' thread of totally pristine unmarked knives, even finger-print free...of TCs and other sought after styles that clearly only get let out for a staged photo.....:rolleyes:

Added another "grail" to the collection... Had to sell off a few of my favorites to get there but I'm happy with the change. This one will be in the regular rotation I think. Still going back and forth on whether or not I should keep it mint or start using it. If I turn it into a user, I think the schrade blade etch will be the first thing to go.

Added another "grail" to the collection... Had to sell off a few of my favorites to get there but I'm happy with the change. This one will be in the regular rotation I think. Still going back and forth on whether or not I should keep it mint or start using it. If I turn it into a user, I think the schrade blade etch will be the first thing to go.

What a brutish beaut! It always feels good, to bring in something one has wanted. Congratulations. :)

... If you do start using it, the etch will go-- whether first, or along the way. :D

~ P.

The Catt that got away. I lost out on this smooth natural bone Catt over a year ago. I thought that I bid high enough to secure it for my collection, but, came up $112 short of winning the auction. It still pains me to think of losing out on it. It is listed in my Cattaraugus catalog and they made it in a spear and clip point:
29m3xus.jpg

The Catt that got away. I lost out on this smooth natural bone Catt over a year ago. I thought that I bid high enough to secure it for my collection, but, came up $112 short of winning the auction. It still pains me to think of losing out on it. It is listed in my Cattaraugus catalog and they made it in a spear and clip point:
29m3xus.jpg

Primble - That is quite a beauty and I am guessing also quite rare! But you never know what the future will bring my friend! :)

Those are awesome knives. I would love to have one. Unfortunately, they are illegal to own in Louisiana. Funny, I can carry a firearm on my hip out in the world with no permit, carry concealed with a permit, carry an assisted opener, but no automatic knives.

Great thread, JFowl - awesome knives -

I like the look of the smooth ivory bone, very traditional.

best

mqqn

Those are awesome knives. I would love to have one. Unfortunately, they are illegal to own in Louisiana. Funny, I can carry a firearm on my hip out in the world with no permit, carry concealed with a permit, carry an assisted opener, but no automatic knives.

My thinking has always been that if I'm doing something that requires a search by a police officer, the knife in my pocket is the least of my worries.

Primble, that Cattaraugus is beautiful. My hope is that my grandkids look at my knives one day (now just have 2 girls at 5 and 2 years) and see the character that knife carries with it. That is one of the main reasons I like the ivory bone. I want to see the age and use, the oil constantly rubbed into the scales from putting these works of art to their intended function. Much like your grandpa's set of old craftsman wrenches that have a patina that can't be described. Like polished gun metal. That's what I aim for these to resemble when I pass them on.

Next on the search list is a fixed blade in smooth white/ivory bone with 1095 blade. Preferably an H10 but the H73 and H23 both would be cool as well.

I do have a viper on pre-order in both natural stag and oiled bone. Excited to try out GEC's sway back but afraid it will open a whole new can of worms!

Back