Smoother handle?

Westflorida

BANNED
I was wondering if anyone has smoothed out the titanium on their Sebenza handles? If so, how did you do it? I really like the Sebenza but I want the handle smoother like the William Henry titanium handles.

Thanks, Steve

You can ask CRK to give your sebenza a finer bead blast or you can use a scotch brite pad (removes scratches too). Sandpaper will also work but I have no tried that myself.

I have a sebenza i bought back in 96. I removed the coating with fine sand paper and a scotch brite pad. At first i liked it. but as time went by i found it showed every finger print and imperfection in the titanium. I sent it in for refurbishing, and it came back brand new!!!!!!! I would recommend a reburbishing job over removeing the bead blast coat. Thanks Pete

because of the ease in disassembly, I think you could send the titanium slabs to someone (knifemaker?) to do a glass beadblast or a fine ceramic vibe blast. will be much smoother and nicer than the factory blast, IMHO.

I had one done and boy, was it better....

be careful with the scotch bright pads.. i used the green ones and it made light scratches...so i switches to the scotch bright gentel pads and worked it out the best i could. Id recomend the gentle pads if anything.

Smoother handle, that's what I did with my large and the small edc sebbies.
I took the clip and the thong off, then brushed the handle slabs carefully with a not-too-hard-steelbrush. Gives a nice silky finish.
Warning: Don't take a brass brush, the rough blasted surface of the seb will take the colour from the brass.
arno

Back