Snake 10

I know a lot of people love the black, but I think SW just looks better since it hides use. Although, many people who love the black blades love that they show use.

Just ordered a black w/stone wash one didn’t wanna pay an extra $25 for digi.
Not really a fan of the black blades either, definitely shows wear and use more!
I gotta say I’m a little confused by the shipping from EKI. Standard shipping for them is ups which cost me $23 and in the past when I’ve ordered things directly from EKI usually takes over a week. I can order a knife from any of the big dealers in the US and they ship for free and I’ll have the knife in 2 to 3 days. Or I can sell a knife here on the forum and ship it anywhere in the US via USPS Priority Mail for $9 and that person will get it in 2 to 3 days! Why the F are they using Ups?!?!
Just a little rant, sorry.

I just snagged one, it's been years since I've had a Snake 10. Black and stonewashed.

Just ordered a black w/stone wash one didn’t wanna pay an extra $25 for digi.
Not really a fan of the black blades either, definitely shows wear and use more!
I gotta say I’m a little confused by the shipping from EKI. Standard shipping for them is ups which cost me $23 and in the past when I’ve ordered things directly from EKI usually takes over a week. I can order a knife from any of the big dealers in the US and they ship for free and I’ll have the knife in 2 to 3 days. Or I can sell a knife here on the forum and ship it anywhere in the US via USPS Priority Mail for $9 and that person will get it in 2 to 3 days! Why the F are they using Ups?!?!
Just a little rant, sorry.
Yeah. I think their shipping is ridiculous. I think the two options were $17 or $20ish, one USPS and one UPS. Neither make sense, since as you said, you can ship a flat rate bot for $7.50 which easily holds a folder. And as you said, shipping can be a bit slow.

Despite being a bit of a fanboy, I think their shipping is used as a profit center (and those EKI stamped shipping boxes can't account for the elevated shipping prices). Something I really don't like.

I completely agree with you jceckrosh. I was kinda thinking they must profit from it too.
Don’t get me wrong I’m a fan of the knives but I think the shipping is a bit of a scam!

Don’t buy direct from Emerson if possible. I’ll buy from a dealer on eBay. I know on these special editions buying direct from EKI is the only option.

Ugh...tempting...I love my curvy Emersons!

The shipping does suck though...expensive and slow doesn't do it for me.

It was. It is a very nice knife. I love the "not-Spydie" hole and lockup, centering, blade are perfect.

Back