snark bark dark fark hark lark mark narc park zark

Status
Not open for further replies.
windshield reflector or reflectix is good stuff -- much lighter in weight then a doubled up blanket and works as well or better.

A question for all of you hammock-ers...

Would a doubled up blanket be good enough for insulation below me if I'm in a thick mummy sleeping bag with a blanket on top as well? The coldest I'll be overnighting in will be around 50, but probably more like 60-75 degrees 90% of the time.

That sounds like summer!
You'd probably be just fine in the mummy bag.
60-70.....jeez...:D

You would probably be fine. I have used a windshield reflector underneath in cooler temps than that and was fine, so I'd say a blanket would serve you well. If you sleep hot, I probably wouldn't worry about it too much. Or if you can sew or know someone who would be willing to sew for you, ripstopbytheroll sells underquilt kits for a pretty reasonable price.

Just last week my younger brother used a doubled-up wool blanket underneath his hammock while being inside a thick mummy bag, all while the temp got down to 23F. He was fine, not luxuriously comfortable, but fine.

windshield reflector or reflectix is good stuff -- much lighter in weight then a doubled up blanket and works as well or better.

You put the reflector under the hammock itself? I'll probably just do that then. Thanks guys. :thumbup:

That sounds like summer!
You'd probably be just fine in the mummy bag.
60-70.....jeez...:D

That's when I'll be doing it most. I'm hoping to go a couple times in the next month or two if it's going to be warmish one night.

ground, air, hammock, reflectix, sleeping bag, sleeper, air, ridgeline, tarp.

just get a lodge charcoal grill in there, and cook some teriyaki chicken to

an army woobie cloak liner is also awesome

Driving? I wouldn't know around here, we don't actually have many drivers.

[video=youtube;MNg8k7CW0YU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNg8k7CW0YU[/video]

I think your sleeping arrangement is a bit much for springtime.

A question for all of you hammock-ers...

Would a doubled up blanket be good enough for insulation below me if I'm in a thick mummy sleeping bag with a blanket on top as well? The coldest I'll be overnighting in will be around 50, but probably more like 60-75 degrees 90% of the time.

Yikes! I would probably melt in those temps with all of that cover... In the summer, I just have my bag and in the cooler months, I use a homemade underquilt and my MSS bag. Works like a dream. I would say you should be just fine with what you suggested, might even be overkill. But better to be prepared than to not be and end up having miserable sleep.

IMG_20170302_101308_402_zpssojou29x.jpg

We have a girl!

I was about to start calling your wife Bonnie! It feels like she's been pregnant forever! Congrats on the girl!

Good deal on a 14

Unsatisfied with results of latest diet attempt, and hoping to improve fitness for summer adventures, I've taken up Rucking.
Just 10lbs in the daypack so far (the amount I've lost in the last 2 months.) 2 miles Wednesday and 3.5 last night. Plan to stay in the 1.5-4 range most days, and increase probably 5 lbs/week.
See how it goes in 6 weeks or so.
That should get me to the recommended 35 lbs max. Though I may go 40 since that's what my loaded pack comes to for a 3 day hike.

Looks to be new BK14 in gadgets and gear in the "leatherman" sales thread
$25.

Not mine, and I am holding funds for another knife, but it is a great price.

That's what I was saying above, just not so specific, haha.

Didn't notice your post, otherwise I would have quoted it and just said I didn't have the funds and wished luck to the rest of the readers.

Unsatisfied with results of latest diet attempt, and hoping to improve fitness for summer adventures, I've taken up Rucking.
Just 10lbs in the daypack so far (the amount I've lost in the last 2 months.) 2 miles Wednesday and 3.5 last night. Plan to stay in the 1.5-4 range most days, and increase probably 5 lbs/week.
See how it goes in 6 weeks or so.
That should get me to the recommended 35 lbs max. Though I may go 40 since that's what my loaded pack comes to for a 3 day hike.

Right on man. More power to ya.

Congrats to the both of ya's. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back